Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 4th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default 20m "ringo"

I am trying to build a 20meter 1/2wl end fed vertcal antena and havent had a
lot of success. The antenna is for use at maximum legal power so I need
componets in the network that will hold up. I have tried a J pole
configuration that I never was able to properly tune and I have tried lump
sum LC values that melted down with max power. I guess the last way is
doable but not unless I want to spend really big bucks on new HV capacitors.
I was thinking about the matching section on my Ringo Ranger. Why not just
scale this up for 20M? The mechanics of it arent a real problem, I can
fabricate most anything I would need. Seems like I've heard the mast for a
Ringo needs to be at least a 1/4 wl long, is this true?