Old January 14th 04, 07:09 PM
Cecil Moore

Walter Maxwell wrote:
Richard, my point is that the EH antenna, as Ted Hart claims it, cannot exist.
He claims that by feeding the antenna with current lagging voltage by 90 degrees
it puts the E and H fields in time phase. This is impossible, totally violating
the principles of electromagnetic theory. Ted's claim shows misundstanding of
the theory of wave propagation.

Well Walt, look at it this way. By claiming he puts the E and H fields in
phase, he forces the ExH power flow vector to be equal to zero. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old January 14th 04, 07:47 PM
w4jle

And I almost had my Fractal, EH, CFA completed. Are you saying my dream of a
24 inch 5dBd gain 75 meter antenna has been shattered?

Old January 14th 04, 08:44 PM
Cecil Moore

w4jle wrote:
And I almost had my Fractal, EH, CFA completed. Are you saying my dream of a
24 inch 5dBd gain 75 meter antenna has been shattered?

Not entirely, I can show you how to get a 22 dBi omnidirectional
radiation pattern with a folded antenna (according to EZNEC. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old January 14th 04, 09:16 PM
Walter Maxwell

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Well Walt, look at it this way. By claiming he puts the E and H fields in
phase, he forces the ExH power flow vector to be equal to zero. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Yeah, Cecil, that's what I thought, too, but not according to Ted. He puts his
antenna up at 1/4 wl above ground and gets 2.25 dB gain over a standard 1/4 wl
vertical. What am I missing here? Perhaps we just haven't yet found Ted's secret
for squeezing the E and H fields to rest on top of each other instead of in
sequence.

Walt

Old January 14th 04, 09:28 PM
Cecil Moore

Walter Maxwell wrote:

"Cecil Moore" wrote:
Well Walt, look at it this way. By claiming he puts the E and H fields in
phase, he forces the ExH power flow vector to be equal to zero. :-)

Yeah, Cecil, that's what I thought, too, but not according to Ted. He puts his
antenna up at 1/4 wl above ground and gets 2.25 dB gain over a standard 1/4 wl
vertical. What am I missing here?

The only possible conclusion is that he doesn't put the E and H
fields in phase. Could it be that there is another dimension, in
which the EH antenna operates, which allows ExH to be greater
than E*H[sin(90ΒΊ)]? - that's 90 degrees for you incompatible nerds. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old January 14th 04, 10:14 PM
Gene Fuller

Hi Walt,

What you are "missing" is that the EH antenna can be made from scraps of PVC
pipe and used aluminum foil. Don't need no stinkin' steel towers. (Except as
"support" of course.)

Don't worry about whether it works or not; it is a great recycling project.

8-)

73,
Gene
W4SZ

Old January 14th 04, 07:41 PM
Richard Harrison

Walter, W2DU wrote:
"This is impossible, totally violating the principles of electromagnetic
theory."

I agree. It violates first principles of electricity. Radiation is a
resistive load. Voltage across the load coincides exactly with current
through the load. Volts and amps are in-phase. Nothing can be done to
change that. There is no electrical energy storage in a resistance.

Once you tune for unity power factor and match for power transfer,
you`re done and no monkey business will change the radiator from its
natural function. You put a voltage across its drivepoint and it does
its thing independent of how the voltage got there if the source can
supply the antenna`s demand.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI