RadioBanter

-   -   80 metre 4-square (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/106964-80-metre-4-square.html)

David G4DMP October 13th 06 09:45 AM

80 metre 4-square

Does anyone here use a 4-square antenna on 80 metres? How many radials
are recommended on each of the verticals?

73
--
David G4DMP
Leeds, England, UK

Frank October 13th 06 03:32 PM

80 metre 4-square

"David G4DMP" wrote in message
Does anyone here use a 4-square antenna on 80 metres? How many radials
are recommended on each of the verticals?

73
--
David G4DMP
Leeds, England, UK
------

Hi David, check this out: http://users.bart.nl/~pa9kt/4square.htm

73,

Frank (VE6CB)

[email protected] October 13th 06 04:14 PM

80 metre 4-square

Does anyone here use a 4-square antenna on 80 metres? How many
radials are recommended on each of the verticals?

I'm in the middle of building one. I'm planning on about 50 radials
per vertical. To save wire I will probably shorten the radials "inside"
the array and connect them to bus wires.

The radial-laying sure is taking a lot more time than putting up the
verticals :0

Tor
N4OGW