Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 16th 04, 12:41 AM
Art Unwin KB9MZ

Default Antenna future

I found it interesting to read on a particular
antenna page that the antenna future will revolve
around what the person was presenting.
He may well be correct if we are all lemmings but
people who piddle with antennas are a different breed.
Personaly I see antennas gyrating towards smaller
antennas where radiation per unit length will finish
at the top of the heap
Antenna engineers have become so focussed on the half
wave patterns that they have completely ignored the
low efficiency portions at the ends of a half wave
antenna. Future antennas most surely will remove these
low efficient radiator parts together with the addition
of coupling techniques that will help to move away
from the Yagi syndrome, together with resolving the
of a "lossless" coupling direct to the transmitter
that will obsolete the need of matching interface.
Ofcourse this is where my intersts lie, but does this
vision of the future match yours or am I thinking
of the impossible? One noted Russion scientist stated
that theoretically radiation can come from a single point,
is this part of our future or just an impossible dream ?
Best regards, and please put your pea shooters aside
and try to get along rather than looking for
ten seconds of cheap glory.

Art Unwin KB9MZ......XG