RadioBanter

-   -   Guide Lines for this news group (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/110772-guide-lines-news-group.html)

Caveat Lector December 2nd 06 04:19 PM

Guide Lines for this news group

Maybe this will help(a little) to get rid of the off topic posts

For what this News Group is about and applicable guide lines see URL:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/radio/personal-intro/

Thanks for reading
73 CL

Bill Turner December 2nd 06 05:48 PM

Guide Lines for this news group

Danny Richardson December 2nd 06 06:40 PM

Guide Lines for this news group

wrote:

Maybe this will help(a little) to get rid of the off topic posts

For what this News Group is about and applicable guide lines see URL:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/radio/personal-intro/

Thanks for reading
73 CL

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

Dream on, CL. These guys already know that and they don't care. It's
been that way forever. It's the Curse of Usenet.

Bill, W6WRT

After years of resisting I'm ready for a moderated antenna group. I've
used my kill filter more times in the last three months than I've ever
done in the previous ten years.

I, for one, am sick and tired of the foul-mouth off topic postings
and, if that requires a moderated group to get rid of them it would be
a very small price to pay.

Danny, K6MHE

John Smith December 2nd 06 06:58 PM

Danny Richardson wrote:
On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 09:48:44 -0800, Bill Turner
wrote:
Danny, K6MHE

I doubt many would disagree with you. I think what you are actually
desiring is "robo-moderation." In which posted text is sent to the
moderator and there is examined automatically, by software app., and
either passed or trashed. In such a method posts bearing foul language,
CW terms, policy terms, etc. would automatically be trashed.

A moderator "hand moderating" posts is more than anyone should be
required to do.

Here are some facts about moderation, robo-moderation is described with
a link on the page:
http://www.swcp.com/~dmckeon/mod-faq.html

JS

Slow Code December 3rd 06 12:35 AM

Guide Lines for this news group

Danny Richardson wrote in
:

wrote:

Maybe this will help(a little) to get rid of the off topic posts

For what this News Group is about and applicable guide lines see URL:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/radio/personal-intro/

Thanks for reading
73 CL

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

Dream on, CL. These guys already know that and they don't care. It's
been that way forever. It's the Curse of Usenet.

Bill, W6WRT

After years of resisting I'm ready for a moderated antenna group. I've
used my kill filter more times in the last three months than I've ever
done in the previous ten years.

I, for one, am sick and tired of the foul-mouth off topic postings
and, if that requires a moderated group to get rid of them it would be
a very small price to pay.

Danny,

I know what you mean Dan. With the anticipation that ham radio is going
to get dumbed down again real soon, the dumb-it-downers like Lenny,
Markie, Opus and a few others are really trashing the groups with anti
code test hate. We can only hope the code requirement is retained and
increased so that they can't get on HF and mess that up too.

SC

Bill Turner December 3rd 06 01:37 AM

Guide Lines for this news group

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 10:40:24 -0800, Danny Richardson
wrote:

After years of resisting I'm ready for a moderated antenna group. I've
used my kill filter more times in the last three months than I've ever
done in the previous ten years.

I, for one, am sick and tired of the foul-mouth off topic postings
and, if that requires a moderated group to get rid of them it would be
a very small price to pay.

Danny, K6MHE

They have 912 members so it might be a good one. I think I'll join and
find out.

Bill, W6WRT

Danny Richardson December 3rd 06 02:40 AM

Guide Lines for this news group

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 17:37:52 -0800, Bill Turner
wrote:

Me too, Danny. There is a group on Yahoo but I don't know if it's
moderated or not:

They have 912 members so it might be a good one. I think I'll join and
find out.

Bill, W6WRT

Let me know what you think after you join.

I took a look and it seems Yahoo is a bit noisily about sign up
information.

Danny, K6MHE

John Smith December 3rd 06 03:05 AM

Danny Richardson wrote:

Let me know what you think after you join.

I took a look and it seems Yahoo is a bit noisily about sign up
information.

Danny, K6MHE

Hmmm. I seen the following the

"Description
tlak abut Antenna vhf/uhf/hf
Hygain,Force 12 Antennas,Comet Antennas,M2 Antennas,MFJ,Mosley,Sommer
Antennas,CushCraft Antennas,KLM Antennas,more"

Mostly a group of "appliance antenna users?"

Regards,
JS

[email protected] December 3rd 06 03:32 AM

Guide Lines for this news group

Slow Code wrote:
Danny Richardson wrote in
:

wrote:

Maybe this will help(a little) to get rid of the off topic posts

For what this News Group is about and applicable guide lines see URL:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/radio/personal-intro/

Thanks for reading
73 CL

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

Dream on, CL. These guys already know that and they don't care. It's
been that way forever. It's the Curse of Usenet.

Bill, W6WRT

After years of resisting I'm ready for a moderated antenna group. I've
used my kill filter more times in the last three months than I've ever
done in the previous ten years.

I, for one, am sick and tired of the foul-mouth off topic postings
and, if that requires a moderated group to get rid of them it would be
a very small price to pay.

Danny,

I know what you mean Dan.

No you don't. You're one of the foul-mouthed off-topic posters that
Dan is complaining about.

With the anticipation that ham radio is going
to get dumbed down again real soon, the dumb-it-downers

It got "dumbed-down" when a license was issued to you.

BTW, what is your call?

A. G. Bell December 3rd 06 03:44 AM

Guide Lines for this news group

wrote in message
ps.com...

Slow Code wrote:
Danny Richardson wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

What is YOUR call, Billy? Which part of Ohio do you live in? Cincinnati
maybe?