Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 6th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default A cheapy all band antenna

Before I started on my present project I looked at the IR antenna
allband
Wow I couldnt believe the price and why are hams not building it
themselves.
You know you could buy telescopic fishing poles and stick aluminum foil
along its outside length
and at particular points take off some foil and push some finger stock
into
the inner of the pole It is then an easy job to switch these gaps
closed or open
depending on the band you are using. If you are not using high power
just a simple tubular solenoid inside the pole will do the trick though
if you are using power I would widen the gap by having a central dowel
rod placed inside the pole with a aluminum tube covering at the ideal
points where they can rub the finger stock to close the gap. Pushing
the dowel rod is quite easy,, just take the belt and step motor off a
printing machine and fix the dowel on both sides of the element to the
belt and bingo you have a cheapy all band antenna for just over a $100
Buy the telescopic fishing poles on EBay and get the aluminum foil from
your kitchen or buy the adhesive foil from your hardware store.
,By the way send all your money savings to me !, have fun
Cheers
Art