RadioBanter

-   -   ~~~~~~~ Wet T Shirt Contest ~~~~~~~~ (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/111270-%7E%7E%7E%7E%7E%7E%7E-wet-t-shirt-contest-%7E%7E%7E%7E%7E%7E%7E%7E.html)

[email protected] December 10th 06 06:25 AM

~~~~~~~ Wet T Shirt Contest ~~~~~~~~

Free Download
http://russianlove69.blogspot.com/20...litdation.html
- *** TOTALLY NAKED !!!! *** who says you have to be legal age to take
it all off. These girls have huge bazooms.

All Videos are free for download.

Bill Turner December 10th 06 04:04 PM

~~~~~~~ Wet T Shirt Contest ~~~~~~~~

Please folks, do not reply to these off topic posts.

If these idiots never get any replies, they will eventually give up
and go away.

Thanks,

Bill, W6WRT

Christopher Cox December 11th 06 12:28 PM

Off topic vernacular designed to irritate others

Bill Turner wrote:
Please folks, do not reply to these off topic posts.

If these idiots never get any replies, they will eventually give up
and go away.

Thanks,

Bill, W6WRT

I don't know Bill.

The condescending operator of a SPST switch is still here.
Hopefully he will operate his appliance like transmitter of 3 million
less transistors than the one he is sitting in front of and pound some
brass.

On topic, I hope to but up my Windom soon. Built an air core 4:1 balun
by wrapping 14 bifilar turns around a 1.24" PVC pipe. Testing with a
200-ohm dummy load, the balun seemed to work fine 20 meters und up, but
performed poorly at lower frequencies. I inserted two pieces of ferrite
rod and it now operates nicely down into 160 meters but not so well at 10.

Because the balun is working well on the intended bands, I potted it up
with epoxy and will hang the antenna soon. But it is frustrating that
the antenna will not probably do well on 10 meters.

Regards,

Chris KC8FRJ

Cecil Moore December 11th 06 01:58 PM

Christopher Cox wrote:
On topic, I hope to but up my Windom soon.

Are you using the single wire vertical
feedline that is characteristic of a Windom?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

John Smith December 11th 06 04:00 PM

Cecil Moore wrote:
Christopher Cox wrote:
On topic, I hope to but up my Windom soon.

Are you using the single wire vertical
feedline that is characteristic of a Windom?

Cecil:

He shouldn't have potted it. Just use a mechanism to remotely remove
the ferrite core at 10 meters and insert if for the lower bands!

Regards,
JS

Christopher Cox December 11th 06 04:48 PM

John Smith wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:

Christopher Cox wrote:

On topic, I hope to but up my Windom soon.

Are you using the single wire vertical
feedline that is characteristic of a Windom?

Cecil:

He shouldn't have potted it. Just use a mechanism to remotely remove
the ferrite core at 10 meters and insert if for the lower bands!

Regards,
JS

Hi Guys,

No, I am using a 4:1 to feed the horizontal portion of the Windom and a
1:1 ferrite choke balun 10 feet vertically down from there. I have seen
some favorable reviews of the design and wanted to give it a go.

My desire was to use items I had laying around the shop from previous
projects. I am beginning to see the advantages to perhaps purchasing a
toroid for the 4:1 balun.

Well, time to hang this new creation and see how well it works (or doesn't).

Regards,

Chris KC8FRJ

Cecil Moore December 11th 06 05:17 PM

Christopher Cox wrote:
No, I am using a 4:1 to feed the horizontal portion of the Windom and a
1:1 ferrite choke balun 10 feet vertically down from there.

Technically, that's an OCF, off-center-fed dipole.
A Windom antenna is fed with a "single-wire
feeder connected 14% off center", according to my
1957 "The ARRL Radio Amateur's Handbook". Just a
little ham radio trivia FYI.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

John Smith December 11th 06 05:40 PM

Christopher Cox wrote:
John Smith wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Christopher Cox wrote:

Well, time to hang this new creation and see how well it works (or
doesn't).

Regards,

Chris KC8FRJ

Too bad. I was just formulating ideas on how to market the device as a
"variable permeability balun." :(

Regards,
JS

Christopher Cox December 11th 06 06:34 PM

John Smith wrote:
Christopher Cox wrote:

John Smith wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

Christopher Cox wrote:

Well, time to hang this new creation and see how well it works (or
doesn't).

Regards,

Chris KC8FRJ

Too bad. I was just formulating ideas on how to market the device as a
"variable permeability balun." :(

Regards,
JS

Cool idea! Use some sort of mechanical device, servo, solenoid, screw,
to apply and withdraw the ferrite core.

Worth some play time later down the road.

Chris KC8FRJ

Christopher Cox December 11th 06 06:40 PM

Cecil Moore wrote:
Christopher Cox wrote:

No, I am using a 4:1 to feed the horizontal portion of the Windom and
a 1:1 ferrite choke balun 10 feet vertically down from there.

Technically, that's an OCF, off-center-fed dipole.
A Windom antenna is fed with a "single-wire
feeder connected 14% off center", according to my
1957 "The ARRL Radio Amateur's Handbook". Just a
little ham radio trivia FYI.

As usual you are technically correct. Then again a Windom is a OCF being
feed open wire style, one wire that is.... :-)

Much earlier in my radio days, our Scout Master set up a pseudo Windom.
It was an OCF feed via ladder line. This ladder was coupled to 75ohm
coax via a 4:1 balun. Stray RF entering the shack was a constant
problem. This is why the design of this OCF caught my eye, using a 1:1
choke 1/4 wavelength down the feed line for 15 meters seems like a good
idea.

Just seems to be an evolution via good ideas being applied to already
good design.

Regards,

Chris KC8FRJ