RadioBanter

-   -   Hustler 5-BTV (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/111765-hustler-5-btv.html)

Edward Lewis December 17th 06 03:18 PM

Hustler 5-BTV

I am installing a Hustler 5-BTV vertical. The Traps all have plugs in
the top end and are color coded to the band. orange for 10 meters, red
for 15 meters and green for 20m meters, The plugs are made from
material that looks like a spong the installion manual says nothung
about them. Are they supposed to be removed or not

wintersolem December 17th 06 09:54 PM

Hustler 5-BTV

Had the same on my 6-BTV-- just leave them in.

Mark
WB5NMZ
-----------

Owen Duffy December 17th 06 10:37 PM

Hustler 5-BTV

Edward Lewis wrote in
:

I am installing a Hustler 5-BTV vertical. The Traps all have plugs in
the top end and are color coded to the band. orange for 10 meters, red
for 15 meters and green for 20m meters, The plugs are made from
material that looks like a spong the installion manual says nothung
about them. Are they supposed to be removed or not

My recollection is that the manual does mention them.

Don't remove them, you will compromise the weatherproofing of the trap.

Owen

w9gb December 18th 06 12:13 AM

Hustler 5-BTV

"Edward Lewis" wrote in message
I am installing a Hustler 5-BTV vertical. The Traps all have plugs in
the top end and are color coded to the band. orange for 10 meters, red
for 15 meters and green for 20m meters, The plugs are made from
material that looks like a spong the installion manual says nothung
about them. Are they supposed to be removed or not.

Color coding is sometimes the fastest method top identify the trap -- after
year outdoors !

gb