Old January 19th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default W9INN 40/80 Dipole

I am sorry to hear about W9INN becoming SK last year and wonder if
someone is now selling his line of antennas?

I have used one of Bill's antennas for years and it may need to be
replaced. I added extra wires for 10 MHz and 18 MHz and it loads all
WARC bands as well as six meters. Since Bill did not believe in balans
his antennas would accept all the power you had with no problem.

Bill and his W9INN antennas are missed

Dick AA5VU
Old January 20th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Dick, AA5VU" wrote in message
I am sorry to hear about W9INN becoming SK last year and wonder if
someone is now selling his line of antennas?

I have used one of Bill's antennas for years and it may need to be
replaced. I added extra wires for 10 MHz and 18 MHz and it loads all
WARC bands as well as six meters. Since Bill did not believe in balans
his antennas would accept all the power you had with no problem.

Bill and his W9INN antennas are missed

Dick AA5VU

Dick -

You should measure and document the W9INN antenna that you have!

AB7SL did sponsor and host the W9INN web pages and documentation,
BUT I have not seen this on the Internet -- since Bill passed away in 2004

w9gb
===============

William Fanckboner, W9INN, SK: William E. "Bill" Fanckboner, W9INN, of Mt
Prospect, Illinois--the proprietor of W9INN Antennas -- died July 30, 2004.
He was 80.

W9INN Antennas will die with him. "He did all of the work by himself, so it
is effectively out of business," said his daughter, Robin Randall. "He was
the business."

Refunds were mailed by the family to those with existing orders when Bill
passed away.
An ARRL member and supporter, Fanckboner turned his talents for radio and
electronics into W9INN Antennas some three decades ago after working for
Motorola, and he was a regular QST advertiser.

Fanckboner designed and hand-built custom antennas, including the MPD-5C-78,
MPD-2 and MDX-8C "hideaway" dipoles, and, his daughter says, he was working
full time until a week prior to his death. Fanckboner enjoyed a reputation
within the amateur community for skilled workmanship and a friendly, helpful
manner. A memorial service was held August 9.

The family invites memorial donations to the American Cancer Society.

Katrina damage at Ralph Hartwell, W5JGV QTH

Bill would have been proud how well his antenna held up
(only one broken wire!)
http://w5jgv.com/HF_Antennas_after_Katrina/index.htm

Why Tilt ? - The Terminated Tilted Folded Dipole (TTFD / T2FD) Antenna RHF Shortwave 2 April 18th 06 10:21 PM
I Want Another Antenna Lenny Shortwave 4 January 23rd 06 11:12 PM
ABOUT - The "T" & Windom Antenna plus Twin Lead Folded Dipole Antenna RHF Shortwave 0 November 4th 05 07:13 PM
Workman BS-1 Dipole Antenna = Easy Mod to make it a Mini-Windom Antenna ! RHF Shortwave 0 November 2nd 05 12:14 PM
Antenna Suggestions and Lightning Protection § Dr. Artaud § Shortwave 71 April 26th 05 04:14 PM