Old January 25th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Antennas led astray

Jimmie D wrote:

Most of the points in theorectical physics are moot.

Jimmie:

True, VERY true. Indeed, before Einstein that same fact was true--but
still, good some men ignored that and continued ...

Regards,
JS
Old January 25th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:15:28 -0800, John Smith I
wrote:
You probably won't believe this, but I believe if I place a glass of
water in my microwave and nuke it, I affect the vibration plane of the
water molecules in there!!!

Sounds like the warm beginnings of a new religion if it didn't burn
your feet while out for a stroll.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old January 25th 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Jim Kelley wrote:
Since everything we perceive is perceived with respect to
our own reference frame, we really need only concern ourselves with our
own reference frame.

That was the same argument used by Catholic Church
when they put Galileo under house arrest for the rest
of his life. Galileo talked about space. We are
talking about space-time - not much difference.
--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old January 25th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:
Using that standard, the age of the universe is what it is.
Use a different standard, you get a different answer. So what?

So why strive for more and more accuracy in the absolute
age of the universe if the time standard is arbitrary?
--
73, Cecil,
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old January 25th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:45:29 -0800, Richard Clark
wrote:

Wow! From Hero to Zero in 12 minutes and 33 seconds.

Who woulda thunk that my observation of time would have been the
driving motivation to correspondence in this thread?

Jimmie, you could have waited the obligatory 12 days, 33 hours and 54
thousand seconds to discover there are no facts to be had that
1. Contradict ordinary-as-mud modeling;
2. Reveal theories that would astonish the multitudes;
3. Offer a revelation of how statics can perform what dynamics do
daily. And certainly
4. No evidence of the comprehension that statics are a mathematical
fiction. Life does not allow them, and they are completely unknown
outside of a book or a classroom.

This forecast still has ten days to run out, but history has born that
it will foretell with absolute accuracy. Take it to the bank.

Art cannot even explain how he obtained a 50 Ohm non-reactive feed
into his five assorted wires, non of which could have possible
supported a fifth of that value (and jacked up with so much reactance
as to reject all power).

This last observation has stood the test of time quite well. It may
find itself in the hall of records.

And to wrap this all into another thread NOT about antennas (just as
this thread never was), and more about personalities (which was all
that this thread started out to be) of the violin:
"Time Is" from "It's a Beautiful Day" by the LaFlammes

-Whew-

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old January 25th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

[...]

The subject line is most appropriate