RadioBanter

-   -   Looking for good antenna design software (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/115256-looking-good-antenna-design-software.html)

Lex-Lutor February 15th 07 10:42 PM

Looking for good antenna design software

Any idea or suggestion about good antenna design software not only for HAM
use ?

Tnx.

Jerry Martes February 15th 07 11:24 PM

"Lex-Lutor" wrote in message
Any idea or suggestion about good antenna design software not only for HAM
use ?

Tnx.

EZNEC sure made me a believer in the effectiveness of easy to use antenna
design software.

Jerry

Cecil Moore February 16th 07 12:18 AM

Jerry Martes wrote:
EZNEC sure made me a believer in the effectiveness of easy to use antenna
design software.

It was ELNEC for me and EZNEC continues the trend
of very powerful but inexpensive modeling software.
I have probably learned more from ELNEC/EZNEC than
from any antenna book.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Frank's February 16th 07 08:44 PM

http://www.nittany-scientific.com/

art February 16th 07 10:40 PM

Looking for good antenna design software

On 16 Feb, 12:44, "Frank's"
wrote:
"Lex-Lutor" wrote in message

Any idea or suggestion about good antenna design software not only for HAM
use ?

Tnx.

http://www.nittany-scientific.com/

This really is a repeat of a thread that had many posts on the same
thin g so I will restrict my response. I personaly would not recomend
any of the above programs! At the top of my list of a program would be
how many variables allowed and then how many segments, without
reasonable answers to these questions I would have to ask the poster
what his intended use is for the program. If it is multi element
arrays in cascade form then both of these factors are very important.
If his intent is to model a simple dipole
I would still need to know how many variables are available. Generaly
the programs with variables are expensive and large because of the
specific algorithms that they use for use in windows and the like but
you can get minninec programs that do have variables and short in size
but are based in DOS which is becoming more unavailable compared to
others. Ones to avoid are those that are based on a single design such
as a yagi as their algorithms are not all inclusive
Art

art February 16th 07 11:02 PM

Looking for good antenna design software

On 16 Feb, 14:40, "art" wrote:
On 16 Feb, 12:44, "Frank's"
wrote:

"Lex-Lutor" wrote in message

[...]

As an adder I certainly would consider 4nec tho I have zero experience
of it
but it does have the use of variables
Art