RadioBanter

-   -   Technique to bond (rf ground) Van sliding doors (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/116033-technique-bond-rf-ground-van-sliding-doors.html)

k1drw March 3rd 07 12:50 PM

Technique to bond (rf ground) Van sliding doors

An area of my Van (2006 Dodge Grand Caravan) that I have not applied
RF ground straps to, is both side sliding doors. I am looking for
suggestions. Of course, a solution with picture(s) would be ideal.
Sincere thanks for any ideas to solve this issue. 73.

Harbin Osteen March 3rd 07 10:39 PM

Technique to bond (rf ground) Van sliding doors

Maybe somthing like this, but without the rollers. Some of the really cheep
ones just have a metal clasp. Mount them on small plates, or directly if you can.
http://ebay.phlat.com/44/2.JPG

Or maybe a just a piece of spring steel that would ride up on a metal
plate when you shut the sliding door.

Maybe a well placed coil spring, so when you close the door, the door
will go in to be flush with the body, and have the spring contact a clean
plate mounted where you have the most inward movement, which I believe
is near the rear sliding hinge, and down in the foot well. I think this would
make the best connection to ground.
--

SeeYaa:) Harbin Osteen KG6URO

When American Citizens with dual citizenship pledges allegiance
to the flag, to which flag do they pledge allegiance too?

-