RadioBanter

-   -   Unusual Design (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/118564-unusual-design.html)

The Shadow April 26th 07 06:52 PM

Unusual Design

Take a look at the TAK-tenna
http://www.tak-tenna.com/

Comments ??

Lamont

LA4RT Jon KÃ¥re Hellan April 26th 07 09:00 PM

Unusual Design

"The Shadow" writes:

Take a look at the TAK-tenna
http://www.tak-tenna.com/

Comments ??

Wide bandwidth combined with small size is usually a bad sign. Physics
tends to make small antennas narrow banded, unless they are lossy.

Roy Lewallen April 26th 07 09:23 PM

Unusual Design

LA4RT Jon Kåre Hellan wrote:
"The Shadow" writes:

Take a look at the TAK-tenna
http://www.tak-tenna.com/

Comments ??

Wide bandwidth combined with small size is usually a bad sign. Physics
tends to make small antennas narrow banded, unless they are lossy.

In the product development world, we say "Fast - cheap - good: pick any
two." Antennas are subject to a similar constraint, as Jon points out -
"Small - broadband - efficient: pick any two."

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Buck[_2_] April 27th 07 12:33 PM

Unusual Design

Pardon me, Roy, but I stole your line.

:)

--
73 for now
Buck, N4PGW

www.lumpuckeroo.com

"Small - broadband - efficient: pick any two."

John Smith I April 27th 07 03:19 PM

Unusual Design

LA4RT Jon Kåre Hellan wrote:
"The Shadow" writes:

Take a look at the TAK-tenna
http://www.tak-tenna.com/

Comments ??

Wide bandwidth combined with small size is usually a bad sign. Physics
tends to make small antennas narrow banded, unless they are lossy.

For someone in a land yacht and spending vast amounts of
vacation/retirement time on the roads--looks like one dream of a solution.

Buy a new home in my area, $600,000+, and this might be your only
solution to remaining "radio-active."

Regards,
JS