RadioBanter

-   -   High Sierra Screwdriver (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/119133-re-high-sierra-screwdriver.html)

nx7u May 10th 07 05:48 AM

High Sierra Screwdriver

On May 9, 6:13 pm, "NotMe" wrote:
Can anyone comment on the performance of the High Sierra HS-1800/Pro antenna
used as a base antenna? Due to my area/neighbors, etc..., this is probably
the route I'm going to go.

I'm just curious if anyone has any experience using this antenna for their
home and it's performance as such.

Thanks!

Works fine for me. Throw down as much radial wire as you can get away
with.

John May 11th 07 01:19 AM

High Sierra Screwdriver

I bought one for mobiling, but circumstances have changed.
If I were to use it for a base antenna, would I have to remove the
inductor/coil which is connected to earth at the base of the bracket?

VK2KCE

"nx7u" wrote in message
ps.com...
:

nx7u May 12th 07 12:56 AM

High Sierra Screwdriver

Depends. The coil is there for the relatively low input resistance on
80m, and to a lesser extent on 40m. If you have a lot of ground loss,
you may find that you don't need the coil. If you have an excellent
ground plane, you will need it to get a reasonable VSWR on 80m and
40m. Consider it a figure-of-merit to have to have the coil!