Old February 6th 04, 03:46 PM
Richard

Default Anyone ever cast a plastic dipole center peice?

If so, whadya use?

Thanks.

Rich.

Old February 6th 04, 04:19 PM
David Robbins

"Richard" wrote in message
If so, whadya use?

Thanks.

Rich.

no, but i have cut them out of lexan.

Old February 6th 04, 04:23 PM
Richard

Richard wrote:
If so, whadya use?

Thanks.

Rich.

I was thinking of the dipole center poeices for VHF beams. Centers that hold
tube.

Old February 6th 04, 05:36 PM
Steve Nosko

That's why the gamma match is liked. No split dipole. How were you
planning to get the impedance right with a split dipole?
--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.

Old February 6th 04, 06:32 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

That's why the gamma match is liked. No split dipole. How were you
planning to get the impedance right with a split dipole?
--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.

Gamma match is the worst of all the matches. Use fiberglass rod or tube, or
piece of lexan or plexiglass. Better yet use folded dipole for driven element,
increases impedance, efficiency and elegant for connections.

Yuri, K3BU

Old February 6th 04, 06:07 PM
Cecil Moore

Richard wrote:
I was thinking of the dipole center poeices for VHF beams. Centers that hold
tube.

I use fiberglas tubing for such.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP

Old February 6th 04, 07:05 PM
Richard

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Richard wrote:
I was thinking of the dipole center poeices for VHF beams. Centers that

hold
tube.

I use fiberglas tubing for such.

You mean you get some fibreglass tubing and insert the element rods into it
from each end? I guess so.

Thing is I'm wanting to make a folded dipole element. Perfectly okay of
course if the ends are clamped rather than bent.

Anyway, I was investigating the casting approach, but it does not seem
common. Lot's of non casting ways. :c)

Old February 6th 04, 07:35 PM
Cecil Moore

Richard wrote:
Thing is I'm wanting to make a folded dipole element.

Those are easier. Use a strong solid tube for the upper element.
support the lower element from that one with insulators.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP

Old February 6th 04, 07:28 PM
Mikey

PVC and ABS fittings are popular; your next best choice is probably epoxy.
It can be cast in forms made of almost any material you want.

Mike KI6PR
El Rancho R.F., Ca

"Richard" wrote
If so, whadya use?