Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 6th 04, 05:05 PM
Stef

Default These loading coils theories

Excuse me for my ignorance of antenna modelling and EZNEC models.
I've been following this lumped coils stuff and bugcatcher loading
coils, as many others, just to learn on the theory.

So far, I've learned on computer models and on Kraus theories.

Please light my candle:

Something I am missing: I'm thinking about how a trap antenna works:
The trap is resonant isn't it? On the frequency of interest: Say 75m.

On a trap dipole, there is a reduction of current flowing on the other
side of the trap ? Because it is a resonnant circuit made of L and C.

If someone would put current meters on each side of the trap, what
would he measure ? A reduction of the current ?

On a Bugcatcher coil, isn't this is what is happening? The coil is
usually tuned after the antenna is installed ? The Bugcatcher coil is
acting ilke a trap ?

The capacitance of the trap is between the car body and the coil,
isn't it?

So would a properly adjusted Bugcatcher coil show a reduction of the
current. Isn't that what we would like to achieve ?

Stef