RadioBanter

-   -   HELP! Mystery Antenna ID! (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/119617-help-mystery-antenna-id.html)

n9mxq May 24th 07 10:13 PM

HELP! Mystery Antenna ID!

Hello group, I'm hoping you all can help me identify an antenna I
inherited some years ago and just now dug out.

It appears to be HF in banding, but I don't have an analyzer to check it
out.

At the bottom is 3 points for radial wires to attach. I'd like to ID
this monster and maybe put it into service...

Pictures can be seen at: http://jeepingene.home.insightbb.com/antenna

Email me direct, or reply here.

Thanks in advance.

Gene N9MXQ

Owen Duffy May 24th 07 11:01 PM

HELP! Mystery Antenna ID!

n9mxq wrote in news:cvidnUQ72I-
:

Hello group, I'm hoping you all can help me identify an antenna I
inherited some years ago and just now dug out.

It appears to be HF in banding, but I don't have an analyzer to check

it
out.

At the bottom is 3 points for radial wires to attach. I'd like to ID
this monster and maybe put it into service...

Pictures can be seen at:
http://jeepingene.home.insightbb.com/antenna

Email me direct, or reply here.

Gene,

It looks like a trapped multiband HF vertical for 10, 15, 20, 40, 80m.

I don't know the brand, it isn't a Hustler 5BTV and I would reckon it
isn't made by Hustler.

Owen

Jim Kelley May 24th 07 11:09 PM

HELP! Mystery Antenna ID!

n9mxq wrote:

Hello group, I'm hoping you all can help me identify an antenna I
inherited some years ago and just now dug out.

It appears to be HF in banding, but I don't have an analyzer to check it
out.

At the bottom is 3 points for radial wires to attach. I'd like to ID
this monster and maybe put it into service...

Pictures can be seen at: http://jeepingene.home.insightbb.com/antenna

Email me direct, or reply here.

Thanks in advance.

Gene N9MXQ

Hi Gene -

It looks like an R7000. Cushcraft. Not one of their better designs.

73, ac6xg

n9mxq May 24th 07 11:56 PM

HELP! Mystery Antenna ID!

I don't think that is it... This one mounts on the end of a mast, the
R7000 mounts beside the mast....

garlicman May 25th 07 05:21 PM

HELP! Mystery Antenna ID!

Jim Kelley wrote:

n9mxq wrote:

Hello group, I'm hoping you all can help me identify an antenna I
inherited some years ago and just now dug out.

It appears to be HF in banding, but I don't have an analyzer to check it
out.

At the bottom is 3 points for radial wires to attach. I'd like to ID
this monster and maybe put it into service...

Pictures can be seen at: http://jeepingene.home.insightbb.com/antenna

Email me direct, or reply here.

Thanks in advance.

Gene N9MXQ

Hi Gene -

It looks like an R7000. Cushcraft. Not one of their better designs.

73, ac6xg

I just bought a used Cushcraft R7. This looks very similar, with slight
differences. I suspect it is a somewhat older model or a modified R7.