RadioBanter

-   -   Plasma Antennas (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/127079-plasma-antennas.html)

Fred[_3_] November 13th 07 07:49 PM

Plasma Antennas

Here is something interesting.

http://www.aps.org/meetings/unit/dpp...d/anderson.pdf

73
Fred
wb6iiq

[email protected] November 14th 07 01:44 PM

Plasma Antennas

That IS interesting! To really make it a 'stealth' antenna you
might have to paint the plasma container to keep any light from
shining through. :)
Don't think I'll hold my breath for an 80 meter model...
- 'Doc

Tehrasha Darkon November 15th 07 08:27 AM

Plasma Antennas

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 05:44:54 -0800, ltdoc wrote:

That IS interesting! To really make it a 'stealth' antenna you might
have to paint the plasma container to keep any light from shining
through. :)
Don't think I'll hold my breath for an 80 meter model...
- 'Doc

Gives new meaning to the term 'Active antenna'.

--Teh

[email protected] November 17th 07 11:49 PM

Plasma Antennas

On Nov 13, 11:49 am, Fred wrote:
Here is something interesting.

http://www.aps.org/meetings/unit/dpp...d/anderson.pdf

73
Fred
wb6iiq

wunder if i can get that to work on two meters. and how would i. could
a forlesent tube work?

ki6kiu

73

Helmut Wabnig[_2_] November 18th 07 08:17 AM

Plasma Antennas

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 15:49:32 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Nov 13, 11:49 am, Fred wrote:
Here is something interesting.

http://www.aps.org/meetings/unit/dpp...d/anderson.pdf

73
Fred
wb6iiq

wunder if i can get that to work on two meters. and how would i. could
a forlesent tube work?

ki6kiu

73

Interesting news: forlesent tubes.

Mist be something top secret?
w.

Richard Harrison November 18th 07 06:46 PM

Plasma Antennas

KI6KIU wrote:
"Wunder if I can get that to work on two meters, and how would I ?"

A plasma is conductive like a wire. One can couple to a conductor
without attachment by surrounding it with a toroid and connecting to the
toroid. This is shown on page 380 of "Radio-Electronic Transmission
Fundamentals" by B. Whitfield Griffith, Jr..

Why bother?

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Sal M. Onella November 19th 07 06:11 AM

Plasma Antennas

"Richard Harrison" wrote in message
KI6KIU wrote:
"Wunder if I can get that to work on two meters, and how would I ?"

A plasma is conductive like a wire. One can couple to a conductor
without attachment by surrounding it with a toroid and connecting to the
toroid. This is shown on page 380 of "Radio-Electronic Transmission
Fundamentals" by B. Whitfield Griffith, Jr..

Why bother?

Progress, my good man, progress! We're working on a cold plasma conductor
for your i-Pod.

Pons & Fleischmann