RadioBanter

-   -   Magnetic fields (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/129093-magnetic-fields.html)

art January 3rd 08 02:47 PM

Magnetic fields

Some time ago JS woundered why we view the center of the earth is not
represented by force vectors
pushing OUT ie the equal and opposite reaction with respect to
gravity. This is a very insightful comment.
In fact the earth's ferrite mass center is represented by the magnetic
poles but because of the diagmagnetic content of the earth which
produces a weak magnetic field at right angles to a ferrite field we
have two magnetic axis at a distance from each other in our earth and
not just one.Thus somewhere, in between these two pole structures, we
have a point of equilibrium where the vector forces emminate from this
point in a outward direction. It is the position of the diagmatic pole
that provides the "curl" effect as seen when studying the radiator
vector format which is also responsible for the earth turning and the
circular rotation of a pendulum to which a radiator is often compared..
( By another name I believe this also describes the Corriolis effect)
One can stretch their minds and ponder on the effect of this
diamagnetic pole tho weak would have on a compass on opposite sides of
the earth, such as the Bermuda triangle and the area on the other side
of the earth but of to the side where Amelia Erhardt altered her
course for a unknown reason and disappeared.
Regards
Art

Richard Clark January 3rd 08 06:51 PM

Magnetic fields

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 06:47:59 -0800 (PST), art
wrote:

One can stretch their minds and ponder on the effect of this
diamagnetic pole tho weak would have on a compass on opposite sides of
the earth, such as the Bermuda triangle and the area on the other side
of the earth but of to the side where Amelia Erhardt altered her
course for a unknown reason and disappeared.

She dissappeared over the Perth Australia? I think if she looked out
the window, she would've figured out she wasn't lost at sea in the mid
Pacific. She could've probably hailed a cab using your navigational
skills.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

art January 3rd 08 08:35 PM

Magnetic fields

wrote:

One can stretch their minds and ponder on the effect of this
diamagnetic pole tho weak would have on a compass on opposite sides of
the earth, such as the Bermuda triangle and the area on the other side
of the earth but of to the side where Amelia Erhardt altered her
course for a unknown reason and disappeared.

She dissappeared over the Perth Australia? *I think if she looked out
the window, she would've figured out she wasn't lost at sea in the mid
Pacific. *She could've probably hailed a cab using your navigational
skills.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Again, no technical statements coming from your mouth only taunts.
Just shows what sort of individual you are, always taking a poke at
people
with none having technical content. I am beginning to think of you as
small person in stature with a big chip on your shoulder and a
slobbering mouth.

Richard Clark January 3rd 08 08:45 PM

Magnetic fields

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:35:56 -0800 (PST), art
wrote:

One can stretch their minds and ponder on the effect of this
diamagnetic pole tho weak would have on a compass on opposite sides of
the earth, such as the Bermuda triangle and the area on the other side
of the earth but of to the side where Amelia Erhardt altered her
course for a unknown reason and disappeared.

She dissappeared over the Perth Australia? *I think if she looked out
the window, she would've figured out she wasn't lost at sea in the mid
Pacific. *She could've probably hailed a cab using your navigational
skills.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Again, no technical statements

Oh most celebrated Prior Art, sir of infinite wisdom,

You write about geography and vectors.

The compass uses magnetism where you have curled the North Pole into
Bermuda.

The complex conjugate coordinates of Bermuda locate Perth Australia.

You have place Amelia at the conjugate North Pole by your navigational
skills [sic].

It stands to reason that modest cab fare would have gotten her to town
to allow her to announce she wasn't lost.

Vectors prove this and Gauss' law was used!

OH! I get it. You don't understand the technical part of "other side
of the earth" and complex conjugate. You only have a degree in
Spanner Engineering, not English, so your affliction is noted.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Derek January 3rd 08 10:57 PM

Magnetic fields

wrote:

One can stretch their minds and ponder on the effect of this
diamagnetic pole tho weak would have on a compass on opposite sides of
the earth, such as the Bermuda triangle and the area on the other side
of the earth but of to the side where Amelia Erhardt altered her
course for a unknown reason and disappeared.

She dissappeared over the Perth Australia? I think if she looked out
the window, she would've figured out she wasn't lost at sea in the mid
Pacific. She could've probably hailed a cab using your navigational
skills.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

She is believed to have gone down around 150 miles from Howland
Island in the Pacific, considering that is around 100 miles from the
equator I would say Art is pretty much on the money.

Derek

Richard Clark January 3rd 08 11:07 PM

Magnetic fields

wrote:

One can stretch their minds and ponder on the effect of this
diamagnetic pole tho weak would have on a compass on opposite sides of
the earth, such as the Bermuda triangle and the area on the other side
of the earth but of to the side where Amelia Erhardt altered her
course for a unknown reason and disappeared.

She dissappeared over the Perth Australia? I think if she looked out
the window, she would've figured out she wasn't lost at sea in the mid
Pacific. She could've probably hailed a cab using your navigational
skills.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

She is believed to have gone down around 150 miles from Howland
Island in the Pacific, considering that is around 100 miles from the
equator I would say Art is pretty much on the money.

Bermuda (or even the Bermuda triangle) are both 3000 to 4000 kM from
the equator. The "other side of the earth" doesn't even come close to
Howland Island OR the Pacific!

How much money would you put down? Better yet, would you fly with Art
as navigator with his level of accurate map reading?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Derek January 3rd 08 11:57 PM

Magnetic fields

wrote:

[...]

But it is midway between the pole's on the other side of the
globe, which is more to the point of Art"s observation than your nit
picking.

Derek

art January 4th 08 12:25 AM

Magnetic fields

wrote:

[...]

*Derek- Hide quoted text -

Derek,
there are half a dozen more poles in our earth. Non ofcourse are as
strong as the ferrite pole but none pass thru the geometric center
of the earth so none can be exactly aligned on the opposite side of
the center point. These poles being made of natural diamagnetic
material
will have their lengths closest to the surface. All of course are
weak but all are weighted by the inverse square law. and aligned at
right angles to the ferrite pole ( north and south)So at certain
points on the surface of this earth all have a sweet spot for maximum
impact on a small piece of ferrite metal shimmering tho balanced on a
tiny pin when held in the hand.Don't take any notice of Richard he was
a swabby for most of his time and never got the chance to look out the
front of the ship.The bottom line is that he leaves nothing for you to
ponder on so why converse with him? Os an aside Derek the majority of
the earth's surface is covered by water which is diamagnetic. Both of
the areas that I pointed to lie in a vaste area of water. I am not
saying that compases malfunction in any way
but there are many aircrafts that have dissapeared in these areas
without trace. Makes you think doesn't it.
Regards
Art Unwin KB9MZ....XG (uk)

Richard Clark January 4th 08 12:39 AM

Magnetic fields

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 15:57:08 -0800 (PST), Derek
wrote:

But it is midway between the pole's on the other side of the
globe, which is more to the point of Art"s observation than your nit
picking.

Howland Island is near dead on the Equator, Bermuda is not even close.
Howland Island is near dead on the international date line, Bermuda is
nowhere near the Prime Meridian (opposite side). The opposite side of
the Earth for Howland Island would be south of the Ivory Coast in
Central-West Africa!

I have sailed in the Bermuda triangle many times (to no shocking
results) and Bermuda is three times closer to Boston than Quito
Ecuador which is midway between the poles.

Bermuda is also on 65 degrees West longitude, 180 degrees away (or 115
degrees East longitude) is the Indian Ocean, not the Pacific (and I've
been to both oceans too, crossing the full Pacific twice before I was
8 years old).

If nit picking amounts to a difference of 8000 kilometers, you must
have your money on one hell of a spread.

This doesn't bode well for Art's magnetic compass correction factors.
Even Gauss could tell the difference between the Indian Ocean and the
Pacific Ocean (and he would have looked at a globe first before
uttering this foolishness).

After all, this is really very simple stuff, but I guess you have to
have been there to appreciate these nit picking issues.

As for diamagnetic curls of the magnetic field, if no one responded to
this baloney, Art's ideas would die miserable solitary lives. Laughing
at them is about the best currency exchange he can hope for.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

art January 5th 08 05:19 AM

Magnetic fields

wrote:
[...]

Richard
You are just not reading what is written. The multi poles of the eath
do NOT dissect the center of the earth so their poles are never
exactly opposite but they are the other side of the World
Regarding diadmagnetic fields,
You have stated that to move a electron takes 10 to 100 x10 to the
plus tenth value Tesla force which frankly is for a bonded electron or
particle. A field to hold a inter galactic particle that Gauss calls
static particles need only a magnetic field to the tune of 5 x 10 to
the MINUS tenth value which is a very weak magnetic field and makes
your figure look a bit silly. This compares favorability to a
diagmagnetic field as formed from an aluminum conductor or radiator.
This level of field can only marginally affect a ferrite based compass
but I threw that in for general interest, especially when the field is
generated at right angles to the normal ferrite magnetic field. I
don't think anybody has determined why so many planes including a
group of planes flew inexplicitely in the wrong direction in the
Berbuda triangle where they perished or why Amelia failed to arrive
at her destination after traversing several thousand miles succesfully
on her journey around the world flight.But as far as the "foolishness"
of a curving trajectory. It is well known that the earth turns. If you
are not sure study a pendulum to see that it only not goes backwards
and forwards but it also rotates, and there are many places that
feature a large pendulum to illustrate this circular function.
If you are familier with vector forces you will note that one of the
vectors is also called "curl" which mimics the weak diagmatic field of
the earth but is magnified by a diamagnetic radiator based on the
inverse square law.You also continually think or have a fixation in
terms of a electron gun, which is a completely different animal
compared to Galactic or interstellar dust that pervades this earth of
ours. It sounds impressive but if you don't understand the nature of a
static partical it does make you look silly with those knoweledgable
in the field in the same way you decided to deride a Doctor from
M.I.T. who is working on a NASA space project on a simple mathematical
problem. So read carefully, and stop jumping to conclusions that are
not intimated by my writings in efforts to anger people in your
postings. I will not go as far as Cecil did by infering you are insane
because I consider your comments are deliberate to precipitate anger,
tho why you do this I do not know.
Art Unwin....KB9MZ.....XG (uk)