RadioBanter

-   -   What could affect VSWR of antenna? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/1310-what-could-affect-vswr-antenna.html)

Dummy February 25th 04 08:48 AM

What could affect VSWR of antenna?

I'm carrying around with a two-way portable UHF radio.
Could the operating condition or environment cause a sudden change of
the VSWR of the antenna?
For example, operating radios at adjacent of generator, machine, or
with high electromagnetic emission area, etc?

Dave February 25th 04 11:57 AM

"Dummy" wrote in message
om...
I'm carrying around with a two-way portable UHF radio.
Could the operating condition or environment cause a sudden change of
the VSWR of the antenna?
For example, operating radios at adjacent of generator, machine, or
with high electromagnetic emission area, etc?

yes, the materials surrounding the antenna and radio can affect the swr of
the antenna. where you hold it, being near metal, holding it sideways vs
upright, clipping it on your belt, etc all affect the swr seen by the
transmitter.

but other electromagnetic emmissions do not affect the swr.