RadioBanter

-   -   Horn antenna simulation (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/132140-horn-antenna-simulation.html)

[email protected] April 3rd 08 06:10 AM

Horn antenna simulation

HI,
I hav horn antenna which is required to be simulated. Its open
mounth has dimensions 36"X27" n short mouth has dimensions 6.5"X3.25".
Its height is 48" n excitation point is 3" away from shorter side i.e.
6.5". Excitation point uses N-type female connector n probe is of
copper of 0.125" in length.
Please give me its simulation result or send me its simulation
sofrware link if u know

Roy Lewallen April 3rd 08 06:43 AM

Horn antenna simulation

wrote:
HI,
I hav horn antenna which is required to be simulated. Its open
mounth has dimensions 36"X27" n short mouth has dimensions 6.5"X3.25".
Its height is 48" n excitation point is 3" away from shorter side i.e.
6.5". Excitation point uses N-type female connector n probe is of
copper of 0.125" in length.
Please give me its simulation result or send me its simulation
sofrware link if u know

Is this a homework assignment or is it a commercial product being developed?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

J. Mc Laughlin April 3rd 08 02:45 PM

Horn antenna simulation

Dear kalpraj.m

Go to your school's library. Find books on antennas. Kraus' book (any
edition) is good choice. Turn to the chapter on horn antennas, which is
Chapter 9 in Kraus' Antennas, third edition. Study material.

Good studies, Mac N8TT

--
J. McLaughlin; Michigan, USA
Home:

Brian Howie April 3rd 08 07:38 PM

Horn antenna simulation

In message
,
writes
HI,
I hav horn antenna which is required to be simulated. Its open
mounth has dimensions 36"X27" n short mouth has dimensions 6.5"X3.25".
Its height is 48" n excitation point is 3" away from shorter side i.e.
6.5". Excitation point uses N-type female connector n probe is of
copper of 0.125" in length.
Please give me its simulation result or send me its simulation
sofrware link if u know

Http://home.ict.nl/~arivoors/

4nec2 has a horn antenna in its example files you can probably modify or
scale. I tried running it, but I don't have the right NEC engine to
handle the segmentation.

Regards

Brian GM4DIJ
--