RadioBanter

-   -   Guy Insulators?? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/1349-guy-insulators.html)

Vito March 3rd 04 08:39 PM

Guy Insulators??

Where does one get insulators for tower/mast guy wires?

TIA
K3DWW

denton March 3rd 04 08:47 PM

Wes Stewart March 3rd 04 09:40 PM

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:47:02 -0800, "denton"
wrote:

|Electric fence post insulators....available at farm supply houses

Hardly!

Texas Towers.

Mike Luther March 3rd 04 11:17 PM

MFJ also sells them now.

Vito wrote:

Where does one get insulators for tower/mast guy wires?

TIA
K3DWW

W5WQN

--

-- Sleep well; OS2's still awake! ;)

Mike Luther

Irv Finkleman March 4th 04 01:29 AM

Mike Luther wrote:

MFJ also sells them now.

Not to knock MFJ too badly, but would you trust your tower guyed
with insulators from MFJ? Caveat Emptor!

Irv VE6BP

--
--------------------------------------
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001

Crazy George March 4th 04 02:54 AM

The last ones I bought I got from Graybar. I had previously bought some
from Consolidated Electric Supply, but they have been bought out, and I
don't recall the new name.

--
Crazy George
W5VPQ

Roger Halstead March 4th 04 08:10 AM

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 01:29:54 GMT, Irv Finkleman
wrote:

Mike Luther wrote:

MFJ also sells them now.

Not to knock MFJ too badly, but would you trust your tower guyed
with insulators from MFJ? Caveat Emptor!

If installed properly nothing happens if one breaks except the two
sections of guy line are now attached to each other. course it's a
pain to have to put in temporary guys while replacing the broken
insulator.

IOW, I don't trust any insulator.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com