RadioBanter

-   -   Help with slim jim nec model (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/136779-help-slim-jim-nec-model.html)

[email protected] September 25th 08 07:49 AM

Help with slim jim nec model

On Sep 24, 8:13*pm, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:34:29 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

It just keeps saying each line in that formula has a syntax error.
Hmm.

I broke down and read the documentation. *
* File - Import Card Deck
Load the Jpole.NEC file. *It shows up correctly in the "card view" but
fails to appear in the "element inspector" and "spreadsheet view".

When I try to run it anyway, it complains with:
"NEC-2 error. *Possible wire element that touches z=0".
No clue which card (line) it hates.

Thanks for all the effort... With the exception of the app quitting, I
had all the exact same things happen. I could run XP on here, but it's
not worth it just for this. Seems like starting from scratch may be
the only way to go with this app. I'll keep at it.

[email protected] October 5th 08 11:35 PM

Help with slim jim nec model

Well, I've gotten a little farther... If Jeff or anybody that has
CoCoaNEC wants to take a look at this file, that would be great.

http://home.earthlink.net/~davepd/nec/

It's supposed to be a VHF log. I used an example file for an HF log to
compare it with and I think I have all the geometry for it right. But
it still doesn't run right. I know for a fact this antenna works in
the real world. Looking at the example log file, they only had the
smallest front element fed, which doesn't seem right to me, but that's
how I did mine. Maybe somebody has an idea how to feed all the
elements properly. The biggest problem is that the elevation pattern
is extremely spiked and the SWR is off the scale. Not sure what I'm
doing wrong.

On the slim-jim one... I have the basic wire shape, but I can't figure
out how to break the element in the right place on the stub side.

Dave

K7PLT March 8th 13 09:23 PM

Has this problem been resolved as of this date?

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 649854)

ghz24 April 17th 13 05:54 AM

Quote:

On the slim-jim one... I have the basic wire shape, but I can't figure
out how to break the element in the right place on the stub side.
You just need some models to look at/dissect you can use mine.
I use 4nec2 it's free and more powerful than any other modeling program I've found pretty user friendly to.

http://ghz24.freeshell.org/antenna/models/elevenmeter/
There are other antennas in the parent folder.
The link to your model is down if you send it to me or post it I'll take a look.
Here is a pretty nice LPDA I can't take credit for it though.
It demonstrates proper feeding of an LPDA

CM 8 ELEMENT LPDA by "old sparks"

CM 470-810 MHz

CE

GW 1 21 0 -0.158 0 0 0.158 0 0.00081

GW 2 21 0.055 -0.141 0 0.055 0.141 0 0.00081

GW 3 19 0.104 -0.126 0 0.104 0.126 0 0.00081

GW 4 17 0.147 -0.113 0 0.147 0.113 0 0.00081

GW 5 17 0.186 -0.101 0 0.186 0.101 0 0.00081

GW 6 15 0.221 -0.090 0 0.221 0.090 0 0.00081

GW 7 15 0.252 -0.080 0 0.252 0.080 0 0.00081

GW 8 13 0.280 -0.072 0 0.280 0.072 0 0.00081

GE 0 0 0.

EX 0 8 7 00 1. 0.

FR 0, 96, 0,0, 470, 5

PT -1