Old September 23rd 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Clarifying Space, "Ether" and Nothingness

On Sep 22, 1:36*pm, Cecil Moore wrote:
John Smith wrote:
I think the particles of a photon pass though the ether unhindered, why?

Without the ether a photon would certainly be "hindered". :-)
How many photons have you ever known to leave the universe?
--
73, Cecil *http://www.w5dxp.com
"According to the general theory of relativity,

By the way, do black holes swallow ether which passes beyong the event
horizon of a black hole? That doesn't make sense since light *enters*
the black holes due to high force. Then the ether must remain intact
on both sides of the event horizon. Might Einstein have been talking
about the ether of being the FORCE of gravity itself (in our point of
reference), which would be an abstract ether, not a physical one?
Old September 23rd 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 22, 8:55*pm, Cecil Moore wrote:
JB wrote:
Oh but if it can make the clock disappear as easily as sucking out all the
ether...

Sorry, I don't recall saying that sucking out all the
ether is even possible, much less easy.
--
73, Cecil *http://www.w5dxp.com
"According to the general theory of relativity,
space without ether is unthinkable." Albert Einstein

It is difficult to suck out an abstraction (at least without imbibing
in the spirits).
Old September 23rd 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 22, 9:38*pm, "JB" wrote:
"John Smith" wrote in message

JB wrote:

* So a black cloth is somehow able to displace the Ether?

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
news What a strange irrational conclusion.

JB wrote:
Oh but if it can make the clock disappear as easily as sucking out all

the
ether...

Gotcha.

Man, whatever you are on, I'd try it once, in the mountains, on a
weekend, but only if medical science could guarantee there wasn't
permanent brain damage or flashbacks--and it wore off shortly!

Maybe a twelve-step program?; *have you considered that?

Regards,
JS

Looking for substance?- Hide quoted text -

Never mind his silly senility eruptions. I think he had one too many
LSD trips in the 60's.
Old September 23rd 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

JB wrote:

Looking for substance?

Not a substance then?; My gawd man, then consider mental health!

Regards,
JS
Old September 23rd 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

It is difficult to suck out an abstraction (at least without imbibing
in the spirits).

BINGO!

Old September 23rd 08, 04:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Looking for substance?

Not a substance then?; My gawd man, then consider mental health!

Regards,
JS

Man, You're the ones sucking up all the Ether and blowing smoke rings.
Old September 23rd 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:
It is so encouraging to note that our technical gurus gain their
scientific basis from the science writers at time.com. Wikipedia
too ;-)

You are certainly free to prove them wrong.
Old September 23rd 08, 12:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:
That would be the total sum of all photons that have ever passed
beyond the event horizons of all black holes in the universe. That
might turn out to be quite a few photons.

I don't consider black holes to be outside of the universe.
In fact, massive black holes are the opposite of "absolute
nothing". They are so massive, they have collapsed the
structure of space, i.e. the ether.