RadioBanter

-   -   Choosing the Dangle Angle (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/1409-choosing-dangle-angle.html)

Reg Edwards March 13th 04 08:13 AM

Choosing the Dangle Angle

To fit your your new Inverted-V into your back yard with maximum efficiency,
download program INV_VEE from website below and vary the dangle-angle.
Includes best match for 50 or 75 ohms, or what have you? And feedline
performance.
----
.................................................. ..........
Regards from Reg, G4FGQ
For Free Radio Design Software go to
http://www.btinternet.com/~g4fgq.regp
.................................................. ..........

Henry Kolesnik March 13th 04 05:16 PM

From the 60s, after engr class
the angle of the dangle ...
is in constant proportion to the mass of the ass..

and unfortunately I can't recall the rest..
which might be the best...
73
Hank WD5JFR
"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
To fit your your new Inverted-V into your back yard with maximum

efficiency,
download program INV_VEE from website below and vary the dangle-angle.
Includes best match for 50 or 75 ohms, or what have you? And feedline
performance.
----
.................................................. .........

Walter Maxwell March 13th 04 06:19 PM

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:16:50 GMT, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:

From the 60s, after engr class
..
the angle of the dangle ...
is in constant proportion to the mass of the ass..

and unfortunately I can't recall the rest..
which might be the best...
73
Hank WD5JFR

Dang, Hank, I was hoping you could finish that little ditty. I can't remember
the remaining part either, and I was hoping you could refresh my memory.

Walt, W2DU

Cecil Moore March 13th 04 09:58 PM

Henry Kolesnik wrote:
the angle of the dangle ...
is in constant proportion to the mass of the ass..

and unfortunately I can't recall the rest..
which might be the best...

Something in there about the "cube of the root".

Have you seen this one written out?

The integral of e to the x equals function of u to the n.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Ed Price March 13th 04 11:23 PM

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
m...
From the 60s, after engr class
..
the angle of the dangle ...
is in constant proportion to the mass of the ass..

and unfortunately I can't recall the rest..
which might be the best...
73
Hank WD5JFR

The angle of the dangle is proportional to the mass of the ass times the
heat of the meat.

Ed
wb6wsn

Cecil Moore March 13th 04 11:46 PM

Ed Price wrote:
The angle of the dangle is proportional to the mass of the ass times the
heat of the meat.

Whatever happened to the "cube of the root"?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

JGBOYLES March 14th 04 12:06 AM

The angle of the dangle is proportional to the mass of the ass times the
heat of the meat.

Oh well, in the early 1970's University of Alabama School of EE. It was:

The Angle of the Dangle is directly proportional to the Heat of the Meat, and
inversely proportional to the Fall of the Balls. I'm sorry.
73 Gary N4AST

Reg Edwards March 14th 04 12:19 AM

Oh well, in the early 1970's University of Alabama School of EE. It was:

The Angle of the Dangle is directly proportional to the Heat of the

Meat, and
inversely proportional to the Fall of the Balls. I'm sorry.
73 Gary N4AST

========================
It's *I* who should be sorry. What have I started ?
----
Reg, G4FGQ

JGBOYLES March 14th 04 12:28 AM

It's *I* who should be sorry. What have I started ?

Comic relief Reg. The Angle of the Dangle brought memories. BTW thanks for
the inverted vee program.
73 Gary N4AST

Richard Harrison March 14th 04 02:01 AM

Gary, N4AST wrote:
"The Angle of the Dangle brought memories."

My memory has not been acute in recent days, but my recollection is that
the angle of the dangle is inversely proportional to the heat of the
meat provided the mass of the ass is a constant. (A hottie reduces the
dangle).

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Russ March 14th 04 02:39 AM

On 14 Mar 2004 00:06:07 GMT, (JGBOYLES) wrote:

The angle of the dangle is proportional to the mass of the ass times the
heat of the meat.

Oh well, in the early 1970's University of Alabama School of EE. It was:

The Angle of the Dangle is directly proportional to the Heat of the Meat, and
inversely proportional to the Fall of the Balls. I'm sorry.
73 Gary N4AST

The cube of the boob should be in there somewhere too.

Russ

Tdonaly March 14th 04 05:18 AM

Cecil wrote,

Ed Price wrote:
The angle of the dangle is proportional to the mass of the ass times the
heat of the meat.

Whatever happened to the "cube of the root"?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

There's a lot more, but, mercifully, everyone's forgotten it.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH

Ed Price March 14th 04 08:47 AM

"Russ" wrote in message
On 14 Mar 2004 00:06:07 GMT, (JGBOYLES) wrote:

The angle of the dangle is proportional to the mass of the ass times the
heat of the meat.

Oh well, in the early 1970's University of Alabama School of EE. It was:

The Angle of the Dangle is directly proportional to the Heat of the

Meat, and
inversely proportional to the Fall of the Balls. I'm sorry.
73 Gary N4AST

The cube of the boob should be in there somewhere too.

Russ

Unfortunately, these analog rules of thumb have been forgotten in this age
of digital stimulation.

Ed
wb6wsn

Henry Kolesnik March 14th 04 02:26 PM

Well after all the interest I googl;ed and there's more than I can handle...
Sorry Reg, but when I saw the title I couldn't resist...
Was this little ditty common across the pond?
Take a look..
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...e%22+mass+cube

73
Hank WD5JFR

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
m...
From the 60s, after engr class
..

Reg Edwards March 14th 04 06:25 PM

I have only a very vague impression of ever hearing the phrase "Dangle
Angle" in connection with nothing I can recall. I used it to describe the
angle by which the ends of a an inverted-V dangled towards the ground just
because it sounded amusing. And so it seems it was.

Does it account for the abysmal standards of education of the present
generation of engineers and scientists? ;o)
----
Reg.

Cecil Moore March 14th 04 06:35 PM

Reg Edwards wrote:
Does it account for the abysmal standards of education of the present
generation of engineers and scientists? ;o)

That and: Bad Boys Rape Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Cecil Moore March 14th 04 10:32 PM

Ralph Mowery wrote:

"Cecil Moore" wrote;
That and: Bad Boys Rape Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly.

You left out Our (orange).

..... .. .... .. 90% is not bad for a senile old man. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Richard Clark March 14th 04 11:04 PM

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:32:19 -0600, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Ralph Mowery wrote:

"Cecil Moore" wrote;
That and: Bad Boys Rape Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly.

You left out Our (orange).

.... .. .... .. 90% is not bad for a senile old man. :-)

You also forgot Gold, Silver, none

60% signs of Creeping senility?

Ed Price March 15th 04 02:28 AM

Reg Edwards wrote:
Does it account for the abysmal standards of education of the present
generation of engineers and scientists? ;o)

That and: Bad Boys Rape (Our) Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly.

....for Silver or Gold.

Come on Reg, they don't give it up just for an elucidation of the conjugate
match!

Ed
wb6wsn

Cecil Moore March 15th 04 02:38 AM

Richard Clark wrote:
You also forgot Gold, Silver, none

That wasn't part of the saying in the 50's at Texas A&M.
I suspect it was mostly "none" in those days. I remember
sifting through a pile of resistors with an ohm-meter
looking for one more accurate than 10%.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Reg Edwards March 15th 04 09:53 AM

Come on Reg, they don't give it up just for an elucidation of the
conjugate
match!

Ed
wb6wsn

Don't you mean the conjugal match ?

W4JLE March 16th 04 04:38 AM

Chapter 7 of Krus and Meatlicker 1953 p. 179 states that the angle of the
dangle is equal to the heat of the meat, providing the mass of the ass is
constant.

The formuli, as stated by you , could result in an answer as much as
71.63542 dB off!