RadioBanter

-   -   More reflectors = better? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/141637-more-reflectors-%3D-better.html)

Usual Suspect March 11th 09 03:46 PM

More reflectors = better?

Hoverman design for UHF TV:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/ota/superantenna/design.htm

More reflectors would make it easier to bond them together (ie, a screen with
only horizontal elements) for more physical strength.

Does adding more reflectors introduce any negative byproducts?

I see that in this design the reflectors are of particular lengths. Does this
imply that lengthening them is counterproductive?

Thanks.
--
Al, the usual

K7ITM March 11th 09 06:40 PM

More reflectors = better?

On Mar 11, 8:46*am, Usual Suspect wrote:
Hoverman design for UHF TV:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/ota/superantenna/design.htm

More reflectors would make it easier to bond them together (ie, a screen with
only horizontal elements) for more physical strength.

Does adding more reflectors introduce any negative byproducts?

I see that in this design the reflectors are of particular lengths. Does this
imply that lengthening them is counterproductive?

Thanks.
--
Al, the usual

From the discussion on that website, they make it sound like the
antenna is pretty insensitive to whether a reflector screen or
individual tuned reflectors are used. But it's obvious that there've
been several folk involved with modelling and building these antennas
in that group. Have you tried asking them? Seems like they're the
ones with the experience.

It's nice to see a practical homebrew antenna design like that.
Thanks for posting the link.

Cheers,
Tom