RadioBanter

-   -   Quietest Sun since 1913 (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/142255-quietest-sun-since-1913-a.html)

Peter April 5th 09 01:27 AM

Quietest Sun since 1913

"Owen Duffy" wrote in message
Peter,

Your reference is interesting, their story is changing from
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...cleupdate.htm?
list174385 (fix the wrapped URL).

I have been plotting the percentage of days in a calendar month that were
spotless during this transition.

Certainly, March 2009 isn't encouraging.

The graphs are at http://www.vk1od.net/propagation/solar/spotless.htm .

I wouldn't hazard a guess at when sunspot numbers climb significantly,
though signs are that the transition has already occured, just enduring a
very long sunspot drought... from Canberra where it doesn't rain any more
either!

Owen

Owen

What is your feel for when this quiet period will in fact be breaking new
ground? I understand that us humans have only a couple of hundred years for
reasonable quality data to assume what the norm is. Bit like our Australian
climate records!

Regards

--
Peter VK6YSF