RadioBanter

-   -   LMR400 connector ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/1433-re-lmr400-connector.html)

Jeremy Salch March 16th 04 05:44 AM

Douglas Snowden wrote:

I have some LMR400 and it seems like a standard
PL259 will work, but not quite as mechanically
strong as it would be on RG-8,. i.e., the shield does not
fit real snugly like it would on RG-8. Is there something
else that is used for LMR400 or is it just the standard
PL259 ?

Doug N4IJ

A N-Type connector makes a mechanically strong connection to the coax.

--
Registered Linux User #346565

Zoran Brlecic March 16th 04 06:50 AM

LMR400 connector ?

Douglas Snowden wrote:
I have some LMR400 and it seems like a standard
PL259 will work, but not quite as mechanically
strong as it would be on RG-8,. i.e., the shield does not
fit real snugly like it would on RG-8. Is there something
else that is used for LMR400 or is it just the standard
PL259 ?

Just use some heat shrink tubing to add thickness.

73 ... WA7AA

--

Anti-spam measu look me up on qrz.com if you need to reply directly