RadioBanter

-   -   Decibel tutorial (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/144423-decibel-tutorial.html)

[email protected] June 9th 09 04:00 AM

Decibel tutorial

I have created a tutorial to explain decibels. It is located he

http://www.fourier-series.com/rf-concepts/decibels.html

It consists of a flash program that allows user interaction and also
contains a fair amount of embedded audio explanations. The flash
tutorial is about 7M , most of which is the embedded audio.

Helmut Wabnig[_2_] June 9th 09 05:56 AM

Decibel tutorial

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 20:00:34 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I have created a tutorial to explain decibels. It is located he

http://www.fourier-series.com/rf-concepts/decibels.html

It consists of a flash program that allows user interaction and also
contains a fair amount of embedded audio explanations. The flash
tutorial is about 7M , most of which is the embedded audio.

I do not have audio on my PC.

w.

[email protected] June 9th 09 04:27 PM

Decibel tutorial

Actually we don't even have to remember 1.6 to get the numbers in Step
4, we can derive it from previous steps:

Step 2 gave us 9dBm=8mW and Step 3 gave us 7dBm=5mW. So 2dB (9-7) must
be a power ratio of 8/5=1.6

73,
Steve G3TXQ

[email protected] June 9th 09 05:20 PM

Decibel tutorial

On Jun 9, 11:27*am, wrote:
Actually we don't even have to remember 1.6 to get the numbers in Step
4, we can derive it from previous steps:

Step 2 gave us 9dBm=8mW and Step 3 gave us 7dBm=5mW. So 2dB (9-7) must
be a power ratio of 8/5=1.6

73,
Steve G3TXQ

That is a great thought. Thanks for the insight. I'll stick with the
1.6 number in the tutorial though.