Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 20th 09, 03:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default removing guy wires on tower

I have 6 sections of Rohn 25 set in a yard of cement. It is guyed at about
30 feet and about 5 feet under the top of the tower with 3 wires at each
place. I need to remove the wires on one side so I can cut a tree to keep
it from falling on the guy wires.

On top of the tower is about 15 feet of pipe sticking out. About a foot
over the tower is a 3 element triband, and at about 5 feet spacing is a 5
element 6 meter antenna, two meter,and 432 antenna all on 15 feet long
booms.

Will it be safe to remove the two guy wires on one side of the tower for
about an hour to cut the trees, or should I let the tension off all the guy
wires ?
This would be done when the wind is not blowing.

removing enamel W3CQH Homebrew 4 June 10th 08 01:04 PM
REMOVING ENAMEL COATING W3CQH Homebrew 48 June 8th 08 11:44 PM
Removing PRO III Main tuning knob? Dale Parfitt Equipment 0 July 6th 07 03:09 AM
Need Help on Removing Viking 500 Front Panel Roy Boatanchors 1 December 27th 03 08:16 PM
removing spanner nut Imran Akbar Scanner 1 October 2nd 03 02:31 AM