RadioBanter

-   -   TV Signal polarization (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/147065-tv-signal-polarization.html)

david boyd October 3rd 09 01:33 AM

TV Signal polarization

Are there any websites that give the polarization for TV signals?

christofire October 3rd 09 01:39 AM

TV Signal polarization

"david boyd" wrote in message
Are there any websites that give the polarization for TV signals?

Yes - which country?

Chris

Cecil Moore[_2_] October 3rd 09 02:58 PM

TV Signal polarization

david boyd wrote:
Are there any websites that give the polarization for TV signals?

Isn't it all horizontal for the USA?
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com

christofire October 3rd 09 03:24 PM

TV Signal polarization

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
david boyd wrote:
Are there any websites that give the polarization for TV signals?

Isn't it all horizontal for the USA?
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com

May well be, but it isn't in Europe. Are all gmail users in the USA then?

Chris

Richard Clark October 3rd 09 04:39 PM

TV Signal polarization

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 15:24:27 +0100, "christofire"
wrote:

Are all gmail users in the USA then?

Our OP is halfway between Annapolis and D.C.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

christofire October 3rd 09 09:38 PM

TV Signal polarization

wrote:

Are all gmail users in the USA then?

Our OP is halfway between Annapolis and D.C.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Did you know that from prior communication with the OP or is there some data
in his posting that gives a clue to that fact?

For the countries in ITU Region 2, the Americas, there will be FCC and other
documentation some of which may be available, and some of which may be
available free of charge; there is also some amount of comment about
polarisations like http://www.televisionbroadcast.com/article/67946.

For many of the countries covered by the Geneva 07 ITU-R agreement, the
'frequency allocation tables' include polarisation details and can be
accessed from the national administrations via the ERO web site
http://www.ero.dk/6EB60FD0-D703-42F6...oc?frames=no&;
they can generally be downloaded free of charge.

Chris

Richard Clark October 3rd 09 09:43 PM

TV Signal polarization

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 21:38:58 +0100, "christofire"
wrote:

Did you know that from prior communication with the OP or is there some data
in his posting that gives a clue to that fact?

From his posting post in the header, just as yours is obscured.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Richard Clark October 3rd 09 10:24 PM

TV Signal polarization

wrote:

Did you know that from prior communication with the OP or is there some data
in his posting that gives a clue to that fact?

Correction:
From his posting HOST in the header, just as yours is obscured.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

christofire October 3rd 09 10:47 PM

TV Signal polarization

wrote:

Did you know that from prior communication with the OP or is there some
data
in his posting that gives a clue to that fact?

Correction:
From his posting HOST in the header, just as yours is obscured.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Well, not intentionally I'm sure. As I've already stated in another thread
in this NG, for what it matters, I'm located near to London - actually a
stone's throw away from Epsom racecourse.

Have you come across anything useful published by the FCC about
polarisations used for digital terrestrial television.

Chris

Richard Clark October 4th 09 01:04 AM

TV Signal polarization

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 22:47:26 +0100, "christofire"
wrote:

Have you come across anything useful published by the FCC about
polarisations used for digital terrestrial television.

That would be Richard Fry's turf.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC