Old May 19th 10, 07:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default How to Test a W9INN 40/80 Dipole

I have an old W9INN (SK) 40/80 Dipole that has worked
great; however, I suspect the balan or center feed may be
open inside. I would like to know how to test it or how to
obtain a replacement.

Anyone know of a source of replacement parts for W9INN
antennas?

aa5vu
Old May 20th 10, 12:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dick,
Just click on this link it will give you quite a few options for obtaining a
replacement.

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&sour...3da0a766da87e1
73
John
VK2KC

Old May 20th 10, 06:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

My W9INN dipole does not use the W9INN Balun Box. It uses something
made by Bill that looks like an MFJ-918.

In article ,
"VK2KC" wrote:

Dick,
Just click on this link it will give you quite a few options for obtaining a
replacement.

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&sour...6&aql=&oq =W9
INN&gs_rfai=&fp=e63da0a766da87e1
73
John
VK2KC

Old May 20th 10, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Check from the coax connector to each side. I just did this with a Spi-Ro
160 I have been using.
Center to the end of one side was a complete closed circuit. The other side
shield to end was open. From the connector to the coil was closed but nada
on the other side of the coil. So in my case the coil is bad.

To start all you need to test is from the coax connector to each side just
beyond the center connector/balun. W9INN used a 1 to 1 balun
along with a connector. You can used a budwing
center connector then add the balun (2 pieces).
I would suspect the balun first then the center connector. If that antenna
has traps check them also if everything is Ok in the center.

Good luck.

73 Dave K4JRB

Old May 21st 10, 12:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dave K4JRB,

I suspect one of the two is open inside the closed PCV. Going to drop
it tomorrow to run the test.

W9INN Dipole Ron Antenna 8 December 10th 11 05:33 PM
W9INN 40/80 Dipole Dick, AA5VU Antenna 1 January 20th 07 01:41 AM
W9INN antenna Help Steve Antenna 9 November 15th 05 10:14 PM
HELP W9INN! sa-80 ant!!!!!!! Anthony Andrianos General 0 August 5th 05 07:04 AM
w9inn SA-80 ANT???`S Anthony Andrianos Swap 0 June 9th 04 03:27 PM