RadioBanter

-   -   Any compact HF beams worth considering? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/156922-any-compact-hf-beams-worth-considering.html)

Bert Hyman December 16th 10 06:36 PM

Any compact HF beams worth considering?

I'm really short of space for antennas, but I think I might be able to
get away with one of the small HF beams I see advertised if it could be
mounted on a roof-top tripod. Dimensionally, I think a conventional
3-element beam would fit, but I don't think a roof-top mount would be
adequate.

Are any of these even worth considering?

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN

Scotty W7PSK December 17th 10 06:09 PM

On Dec 16, 10:36*am, Bert Hyman wrote:
I'm really short of space for antennas, but I think I might be able to
get away with one of the small HF beams I see advertised if it could be
mounted on a roof-top tripod. Dimensionally, I think a conventional
3-element beam would fit, but I don't think a roof-top mount would be
adequate.

Are any of these even worth considering?

--
Bert Hyman * * *W0RSB * St. Paul, MN *

I use a 9ft Glen Martin with an A-4S. Its not a DX Killer but you
will work them.

20-25ft up has it limitations on some DX but its doable.

Scotty W7PSK

ka7niq February 12th 11 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty W7PSK (Post 726121)
On Dec 16, 10:36*am, Bert Hyman wrote:
I'm really short of space for antennas, but I think I might be able to
get away with one of the small HF beams I see advertised if it could be
mounted on a roof-top tripod. Dimensionally, I think a conventional
3-element beam would fit, but I don't think a roof-top mount would be
adequate.

Are any of these even worth considering?

--
Bert Hyman * * *W0RSB * St. Paul, MN *

I use a 9ft Glen Martin with an A-4S. Its not a DX Killer but you
will work them.

20-25ft up has it limitations on some DX but its doable.

Scotty W7PSK

The little hy gain TH 2 works well for a small antenna, but is power limited