RadioBanter

-   -   Good antenna for a Denon AM/FM??? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/158-good-antenna-denon-am-fm.html)

fghgh August 1st 03 05:42 PM

Good antenna for a Denon AM/FM???

I have a Denon 2500 receiver. The small external AM loop
doesn't work well.
Would just connecting about a 100' 12 ga wire to only one of
the terminals and not grounding the other (too inconvenient)
work.
Or are there better external indoor loops out there?

'Doc August 2nd 03 02:33 AM

The random length wire should work okay for you,
and getting a ground isn't that hard at all! Go by
the garden ceter of Wal Marts, pick up a bag of
potting soil. Set the bag under your table where the
radio is and stick the end of a wire comming from the
ground terminal on your radio into the bag. Works
fine till all the moisture in the bag disapears, then
just wet the bag...
'Doc

Bob Miller August 2nd 03 07:09 AM

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 09:42:51 -0700, fghgh wrote:

I have a Denon 2500 receiver. The small external AM loop
doesn't work well.
Would just connecting about a 100' 12 ga wire to only one of
the terminals and not grounding the other (too inconvenient)
work.

It wouldn't cost anything to find out. Get a 100' roll of stranded #16
or so wire at RShack, attach one end to your antenna terminal, and
unroll the wire. See what happens. I used to get good results with a
piece of random length wire on the old AM receivers I started out
with.

Bob
k5qwg

Or are there better external indoor loops out there?