RadioBanter

-   -   A3S/A743 (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/162155-a3s-a743.html)

D@LS March 24th 11 12:05 AM

A3S/A743

Does anyone know the Radiation Angle of these antenna's (Cushcraft
A3S/A743) at 33 feet or if there is a formula to calculate it ?

Thank You

Allodoxaphobia[_2_] March 24th 11 02:50 PM

A3S/A743

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:05:55 -0400, D@LS wrote:
Does anyone know the Radiation Angle of these antenna's (Cushcraft
A3S/A743) at 33 feet or if there is a formula to calculate it ?

Different operating frequencies = different answers.

D@LS March 24th 11 02:59 PM

A3S/A743

On 24 Mar 2011 14:50:42 GMT, Allodoxaphobia
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:05:55 -0400, D@LS wrote:
Does anyone know the Radiation Angle of these antenna's (Cushcraft
A3S/A743) at 33 feet or if there is a formula to calculate it ?

Different operating frequencies = different answers.

28,300 - 21,300 - 14,200 - 7,175

Jim Lux[_2_] March 25th 11 04:40 PM

A3S/A743

wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:05:55 -0400, D@LS wrote:
Does anyone know the Radiation Angle of these antenna's *(Cushcraft
A3S/A743) at 33 feet or if there is a formula to calculate it ?

Different operating frequencies = different answers.

28,300 - 21,300 - 14,200 - 7,175

Are you looking for a comparison between the antennas? For most
horizontally polarized low/medium gain antennas (which those are), the
vertical (elevation) pattern is going to be almost entirely determined
by the height above ground (so there won't be much difference)..

There is a formula (which I can't recall off the top of my head) which
would give you the elevation angle of maximum gain for a given
height. You might want to invest in a copy of the ARRL Antenna Book,
which includes a program called HFTA which does the calculations and
lets you do a lot of cut and try.

D@LS March 26th 11 01:49 AM

A3S/A743

wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:05:55 -0400, D@LS wrote:
Does anyone know the Radiation Angle of these antenna's *(Cushcraft
A3S/A743) at 33 feet or if there is a formula to calculate it ?

Different operating frequencies = different answers.

28,300 - 21,300 - 14,200 - 7,175

Are you looking for a comparison between the antennas?

No, I already bought these antennas last year when I was very sick, so
I didn't check everything as I should have. I just wanted a close
number of degrees for the radiation angle. Cushcraft says they can't
hazard a guess. That's really poor. Just something close was all I was
after.