RadioBanter

-   -   Reflection coefficient for total re-reflection (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/167698-re-reflection-coefficient-total-re-reflection.html)

Owen Duffy[_2_] June 20th 11 02:34 AM

Reflection coefficient for total re-reflection

On Monday, 20 June 2011 07:52:54 UTC+10, Owen Duffy wrote:
As I explained earlier in this thread, if Zs=Rs=Zo=Ro, (proof at

I am restricting that unnecessarily, the requirement is just that Zs=Zo.

More of than not, an instrument that we might use is calibrated for some real Zo, ie Zo=Ro, and so that would mandate that Zs=Rs to observe constant Vf with such an instrument.

Owen