RadioBanter

-   -   Anybody following the Dallas Files (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/169009-re-anybody-following-dallas-files.html)

[email protected] July 18th 11 03:58 PM

Anybody following the Dallas Files

On Sunday, July 17, 2011 3:49:46 PM UTC-5, Sal wrote:

OK, so the final score is Dallas 3, Me 0. Game over. *sigh*

"Sal"

Now you see why I will not have anything to do with a
"group" that you must sign up for. Never have, and never will.
Many of them seem to like to play their silly games, have
control over what is posted, banish the hecklers, etc..
No way to live as far as I'm concerned.
And I don't need him to learn about phased broadcast
band antennas. It's not like he invented them or anything.
He's just tinkering with a few, and I presume posting his
results to the few that he deems worthy.. :/

Sal[_3_] July 18th 11 07:20 PM

Anybody following the Dallas Files

wrote in message

snip
Now you see why I will not have anything to do with a
"group" that you must sign up for. Never have, and never will.
Many of them seem to like to play their silly games, have
control over what is posted, banish the hecklers, etc..
No way to live as far as I'm concerned.
And I don't need him to learn about phased broadcast
band antennas. It's not like he invented them or anything.
He's just tinkering with a few, and I presume posting his
results to the few that he deems worthy.. :/

Yup. Such groups are very orderly but sometimes
"free-swinging" is more productive.

"Sal"
(KD6VKW)

amdx July 18th 11 10:07 PM

On 7/18/2011 9:58 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, July 17, 2011 3:49:46 PM UTC-5, Sal wrote:

OK, so the final score is Dallas 3, Me 0. Game over. *sigh*

"Sal"

Now you see why I will not have anything to do with a
"group" that you must sign up for. Never have, and never will.

In trying to avoid such a simple request, you deny yourself
a great many sites.

Many of them seem to like to play their silly games, have
control over what is posted, banish the hecklers, etc..
No way to live as far as I'm concerned.

I don't see this as reason to deny yourself access to
hundreds or thousands of sites that have great information.

And I don't need him to learn about phased broadcast
band antennas.

I want to learn, do you have any sites with good broadcast band antennas.

It's not like he invented them or anything.

He's not claiming invention, but he has made a nice
contribution to the hobby.

He's just tinkering with a few, and I presume posting his
results to the few that he deems worthy.. :/

Tinkering seems a little insincere, I'm sure he ha smany hundreds
of hours into his research.

Please post any websites you have regarding broadcast band antennas.
I have not found much other than resonant loops and beverages.
Mikek

Loopy July 19th 11 08:00 PM

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:07:09 -0500, amdx wrote:

Please post any websites you have regarding broadcast band antennas.
I have not found much other than resonant loops and beverages.
Mikek

Here are 2 good ones that I frequent and their email addresses.
1) SkyWires in yahoogroups

2) Loopantennas in yahoogroups

You can also do a search from the Yahoogroups find a group pages for "Loop
antennas" "BCB" "AM radio" & "MW" to name a few.