RadioBanter

-   -   Quantum Purifiers - (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/173-quantum-purifiers.html)

k4wge August 4th 03 08:40 PM

Quantum Purifiers -

Thermal noise in electronic equipment is typically created by the
excitation of phonons, which are resonances in conductors caused by
the movement of electrons through the quantum well. Phonons are a type
of noise in themselves; they are caused by a certain class of
electrons colliding with the crystal lattice of conductors (silver,
copper, etc.) through which they are being transmitted. Such phonons
travel, not at the speed of light, but of sound, and therefore are
instantly out of phase with the signal. Shot noise, which is generated
by the operation of transistors, is similar in nature to thermal or
white noise. Low-frequency (1/f) noise is always present, and
increases as an inverse power of the frequency.

The Bybee solution is based on principles derived from quantum
mechanics, the study of how electrons behave at the subatomic level.

http://www.bybeetech.com/

Richard Clark August 4th 03 09:06 PM

On 4 Aug 2003 12:40:15 -0700, (k4wge) wrote:

[...]

Geez Luise,

Two leaded black box fractal applications.
(or is it EH (or is it CFA?)?)

Might work if absolutely every connection contained one of these
buffering elements (don't count on it in your next computer).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Dave Shrader August 4th 03 09:51 PM

We can totally eliminate all this noise if we simply operate our
equipment at -273 C.

Deacon Dave, W1MCE

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Egad, there's a sucker born every minute. It's stuff like this that
makes venture capitalists the cynical SOBs they are.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Richard Clark August 4th 03 11:09 PM

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 20:51:35 GMT, Dave Shrader
wrote:

We can totally eliminate all this noise if we simply operate our
equipment at -273 C.

Deacon Dave, W1MCE

So that's what they are, two leaded absolute-zero ice cubes.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

JGBOYLES August 4th 03 11:46 PM

So that's what they are, two leaded absolute-zero ice cubes.

Richard, they could be mono-reproducers. This was introduced in the 70's as a
device that could faithfully take an input signal and reproduce the signal at
the output with no distortion, phase shift, and a gain very nearly one. Also,
there was no loss up into the MHZ region. You could take two of these
remarkable devices and have a Stereo-reproducer.
If you cooled a 1" piece of #12 copper to absolute-zero, you might improve on
the mono-reproducer.
73 Gary N4AST

Roy Lewallen August 5th 03 02:31 AM

I stand corrected! A little bit of web research shows that this would be
a venture capitalist's dream. I have to continually remind myself not to
overestimate the golden-ear crowd -- after all, the gold-plated 8 ohm
characteristic impedance speaker cables sold (and I assume still sell)
like hot cakes. The placebo effect is certainly powerful, but it's
possible that the "quantum purifiers" might actually do something.
Rather than believe that the purveyor is actually selling components
whose composition is "classified by the U.S. military", I'd be willing
to bet they're some sort of more-or-less off the shelf varistor. That
would flavor the music a bit, and anyone who'd just dropped 600 bucks
for a pair of them would no doubt find the flavoring to be marvelous. A
few minutes with a curve tracer and some web specifications should pin
the source down pretty quickly. But I'm not quite 600 bucks curious. . .

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Roy Lewallen August 5th 03 10:30 PM

Oh, I'm not correcting that statement -- except that it looks like a
whole lot more than one are being born every minute now.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Dick Carroll; wrote:
Roy, I still like your first statement better :"There's one born every minute..."

Jim Kelley August 6th 03 12:22 AM

Dick Carroll; wrote:

Roy, I still like your first statement better :"There's one born every minute..."

Here are some of the claims:

"Bybee Technologies claims that the quantum filtering provided also
speeds up electrons by as much as 50% and in the process selectively
removes undesirable ones, thus purifying the remaining signal."

The review this was taken from (SoundStage!) then goes on to tout the
"damping characteristics" of the wooden box the device is housed in.
I'm curious about whether the reviewer might also happen to write for
the Weekly World News.

Reminds me of the blind man selling pencils on the street corner for
$10,000 apiece. He claimed he only needed to sell one.

:-)
73, ac6xg