RadioBanter

-   -   Need Vertical 32 feet self supporting (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/176-need-vertical-32-feet-self-supporting.html)

Alan Caplan August 5th 03 03:34 AM

Need Vertical 32 feet self supporting

Looking for a vertical like I used in Navy Communications. Base insulator
and heavy walled tubing 32 feet high. Surplus fine.

Alan K4AVQ/ P40AV

Crazy George August 5th 03 03:56 AM

Shakespeare Model 120 antenna system
AT - 1011/U = MT-2525/U base, 1 - AT-1039/U, 1 - AT - 1040/U, 1 - AT -
1041/U, 1 - AT - 1042/U and 4 - AT - 1043/U.

http://www.shakespeare-military.com/
Or: Denny L. King, Military Products Manager, 800-800-9008

--
Crazy George
Remove NO and SPAM from return address

Bob Miller August 5th 03 03:55 PM

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 02:34:37 GMT, "Alan Caplan"
wrote:

Looking for a vertical like I used in Navy Communications. Base insulator
and heavy walled tubing 32 feet high. Surplus fine.

Alan K4AVQ/ P40AV

Try the web site for Surplus Sales of Nebraska; maybe give them a
call. I have one of their paper catalogs, about 2-3 years old. They
list a Collins vertical, 36' high, $149, part num. (ANT) AC-2811.

Bob
k5qwg

Joe Strain August 6th 03 01:21 AM

Go to Fair Radio and check out their military surplus too, and if anybody
can, check out this one and advise on it applicability for use with a ATS
909
http://www.fairradio.com/0mk-12.htm 12' MILITARY MAST KIT $59.95

Thanks
Yodar

================

Tarmo Tammaru August 7th 03 06:55 PM

"Tom Coates" wrote in message

Would 4 inch irrigation tubing be self-supporting at the 32-foot length?

Tom, N3IJ

Probably overkill. If he tops it off with an 8 foot mobile whip, he only
need to get to 24 feet. Three 10 foot lengths of telescoping Al tubing would
allow for enough overlap.

Tam/WB2TT

CW August 8th 03 06:29 AM

Probably the concrete reinforcing.

"Bob Miller" wrote in message
On 7 Aug 2003 16:08:25 -0700, (Art Unwin KB9MZ)
wrote:

What keeps the 32' mast from breaking out of the Coke bottle in the
first wind? (I don't think they construct Coke bottles like they did
in the old days with the thick, green glass.)

Bob
k5qwg

Mark Keith August 8th 03 07:57 AM

"Alan Caplan" wrote in message ...
Looking for a vertical like I used in Navy Communications. Base insulator
and heavy walled tubing 32 feet high. Surplus fine.

Alan K4AVQ/ P40AV

I made one from an old heavy duty 5/8 CB antenna, which by itself was
appx 19-20 ft tall. I then added inner wall tubing to the lower pieces
to make it stronger, and then added thinner tubing to extend to about
29-30 ft. The last piece to extend to 32 ft was a automotive whip with
a small ball on top. Worked well, and was totally self supporting. I
had it mounted at 36 ft at the base of the antenna.
MK

Bob Miller August 8th 03 03:52 PM

wrote:

"Alan Caplan" wrote in message ...
Looking for a vertical like I used in Navy Communications. Base insulator
and heavy walled tubing 32 feet high. Surplus fine.

Alan K4AVQ/ P40AV

Alan,
Since you are going to put an insulator at the bottom I am
assuming that the 32 feet is for the antenna alone.

Crappie fishing pole on E bay/fishing store $25 for 20 foot
telescopic form

Aluminum tape with adhesive backing approx $6 from hardware store.

2 telescopic aluminum tubes from hardware store $17.

One coke bottle from store.

Assemble to length and stick aluminum tape to it end to end,
Rub down to remove air bubbles.

Drink coke.

Place coke bottle into hole and surround with concrete mix.

Place antenna into coke bottle.