RadioBanter

-   -   Antenna tuner (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/1767-antenna-tuner.html)

Scott May 19th 04 10:38 PM

Antenna tuner

I have a "T" antenna tuner (two capacitors on each side of the roller
coil). The coil goes to ground.
Should I adjust for maximum inductance (farthest from ground) or
minimum inductance (closest to ground) on the inductor? It tunes well
on both ends of the coil.
I don't want to pump it full of watts and see it smoke.

Thanks in advance, Scott

Just Another Opinion May 19th 04 11:04 PM

Read the manual -- it should specify this, my old tuner manual says:

"Always use the lowest possible value of inductance that will give a proper
match. Using higher inductance can result in wasted power inside the tuner,
and may cause damage."

Your tuning may vary -- let the reader beware

--
From one currently in the Cloaked Mode

Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an Art.
Charles McCabe (1856 - ), San Francisco Chronicle

om...