Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 26th 11, 10:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Stub J-pole for six meters

Can anyone direct me to the dimensions to build a six meter J-pole
that is patterned after the Arrow Antenna two meter design that had
the feed point at the bottom of one of the elements rather than at a
point part way up the height of the matching stub.

The reason that I would like to use that design is that I would like
to use Rigid Aluminum Conduit to build the antenna. There not being a
lot of simple inexpensive fittings for Conduit the way there is for
copper pipe a mechanically simpler design would be easier to build.

Replies are welcome on or off list. Let me say that I would rather
not be subjected to any tirades about the inferiority of the J-pole
approach or the superiority of some other antenna design. That does
not mean that I am not open to suggestions for a better approach as
long as it is civilly stated and I am spared the application of Rant
Mode.

--
Tom Horne, W3TDH

Using a tower as a J-Pole for 20 or 40 Meters Eric Antenna 7 June 15th 11 09:44 AM
2m tvi stub ml Antenna 13 January 2nd 09 05:03 AM
Wide bandwidth ladder line J-pole for 6-Meters Chuck Olson Antenna 9 June 16th 06 08:05 PM
What is a 'stub' bbnn Antenna 6 January 3rd 05 02:50 PM
stub for 20 meters Iol Antenna 0 November 20th 03 03:42 PM