RadioBanter

-   -   EN antennas (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/1780-en-antennas.html)

Richard May 21st 04 08:46 PM

EN antennas

What do people think about EH aerials? Opinions are certainly divided here
in Poland.

My biggest concern is that it is very hard to get any real construction
details of these aerials, which kind of leads me to beleive tha tthey are
basicially a big coil and not much else whihc would radiate in any shpae or
form.

Would be delighted to hear others opinions, expereriences.

Richard
SO5GB, Warsaw, PL

John Passaneau May 21st 04 09:27 PM

"Richard" wrote in message
What do people think about EH aerials? Opinions are certainly divided here
in Poland.

My biggest concern is that it is very hard to get any real construction
details of these aerials, which kind of leads me to beleive tha tthey are
basicially a big coil and not much else whihc would radiate in any shpae

or
form.

Would be delighted to hear others opinions, expereriences.

Richard
SO5GB, Warsaw, PL

The general feeling here is that they are not what their advertised to be.
In fact most real tests show that most of the radiation from one is from the
feedline, not the antenna. Bottom line is they don't work and a light bulb
on the end of the coax would work better.

--
John Passaneau W3JXP
State College Pa

This mail is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to
be considered flaws or defects.