RadioBanter

-   -   R-7000 in the rain (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/1813-r-7000-rain.html)

Daniel_FY1FV May 26th 04 08:31 PM

R-7000 in the rain

Hi,
When it rains the VSWR of my Cushcraft R7000 rises (10:1) on all bands. It
is about 1.5:1 when dry.
Has anyone an idea?
TNX in advance.
73's
Daniel, FY1FV

Reg Edwards May 26th 04 09:18 PM

"Daniel_FY1FV" wrote
When it rains the VSWR of my Cushcraft R7000 rises (10:1) on all bands.

It
is about 1.5:1 when dry.
Has anyone an idea?

Yes. I'm reluctant to state the obvious. Dunno what an R7000 is, but if
you have a balun or loading coils or traps, is rain water getting into one
or other of them ? Looks like you'll have to find a ladder.
----
Reg.