RadioBanter

-   -   Needed: Recommendations for coax for VHF and UHF work (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/1836-needed-recommendations-coax-vhf-uhf-work.html)

Rob May 30th 04 03:44 PM

Needed: Recommendations for coax for VHF and UHF work

I am finally going to put up a VHF antenna for 2 meter and another antenna
for 70 cm.

What is type of coax should I use? Rg213? Or will RG213 be too lossy?

Recommendations please...

Rob

Tam/WB2TT May 30th 04 04:30 PM

"Rob" wrote in message
I am finally going to put up a VHF antenna for 2 meter and another antenna
for 70 cm.

What is type of coax should I use? Rg213? Or will RG213 be too lossy?

Recommendations please...

Rob

RG213 is WW2 technology. You are better of with Times LMR400, Belden 9913,
or CPX1318.

Tam/WB2TT

Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr. May 30th 04 05:52 PM

Hi Rob

I use Belden 9913 and am most pleased with it!

TTUL
Gary

Old Ed May 30th 04 07:29 PM

Hi -

Just curious: Do you know of any (reasonably priced) vendor that
offers 9913 conveniently made up in standard lengths, with connectors?
(CPX1318 is available in that form.)

73, Ed

Cecil Moore May 30th 04 08:48 PM

Hamguy wrote:
I vote for the Belden 9913.

You must live in a dry climate.

Tam/WB2TT May 30th 04 09:13 PM

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Hamguy wrote:
I vote for the Belden 9913.

You must live in a dry climate.

Cecil,
I don't think they sell the water pipe any more. I have the CPX stuff on
432, 9913 for 6m inside, and LMR400 if somebody else is paying for it.

Tam

Bob Miller May 30th 04 09:22 PM

On Sun, 30 May 2004 18:29:28 GMT, "Old Ed"
wrote:

Hi -

Just curious: Do you know of any (reasonably priced) vendor that
offers 9913 conveniently made up in standard lengths, with connectors?
(CPX1318 is available in that form.)

73, Ed

The Wireman (see website), stocks no pre-made cables, but will make up
a custom cable of any type, any connector, any length -- just call
'em.

bob
k5qwg