Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 21st 12, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Icom PCR1000 antenna

For some irrational reason, that probably defies logical
justification, I've decided to setup my PCR1000 receiver as an
internet accessible receiver. There are about 7 programs available to
do this, so I don't expect software to be a problem. The receiver
will eventually be moved to a mountain top repeater site, which
unfortunately does not have much room for an antenna. The receiver
will tune from 0.1 to 1300Mhz. I don't wanna deal with an antenna
tuners or switches.

Is there an antenna or combination of antennas that are suitable for
such a wide tuning range and that is small enough to fit in a limited
rooftop area?

I was thinking of a monstrous vertical biconical dipole for HF, a
diplexer, and a discone for VHF/UHF/etc. For Field Day, I once made a
biconical out of two trash can lids, with holes for the wires around
the perimeter. It worked amazingly well but I never bothered to make
measurements.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biconical_antenna

Can anyone suggest something better, smaller, less ugly, or more
practical?

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

FA: ICOM PCR1000 with UT-106 DSP Don't spam Shortwave 0 March 9th 07 01:41 AM
FA: Icom PCR1000 Don't spam Scanner 0 March 5th 07 01:31 PM
FA: Icom PCR1000 Don't spam Swap 0 March 5th 07 01:25 PM
FA: ICOM PCR1000 news.mi.comcast.giganews.com Scanner 0 December 30th 04 06:00 AM
Looking for Icom PCR1000 jerham Swap 1 May 8th 04 01:30 PM