RadioBanter

-   -   Antenna patent, (Fluid motions Steppir Antenna) (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/1874-antenna-patent-fluid-motions-steppir-antenna.html)

Art Unwin KB9MZ June 7th 04 05:36 PM

Antenna patent, (Fluid motions Steppir Antenna)

I notice that the STEPPIR antenna patent is still "Pending"
I thought that "pending" meant that the patent has been awarded
and awaiting printing! Fluid motions have been stating Patent pending
for more than a few months ( year)now and I have yet to see a release.
Anybody have any info on this ? I also noticed that another thread on
unconventional antenna design that the news release also stated
"patent pending"!
Has " patent pending "replaced the term "patent applied for" or has
the revised patent procedure and the USPTO fallen flat on its face ?
Art

Fractenna June 9th 04 11:16 AM

some take 4 years,

Some take 7 years; some take 8 years; some take 1 year.

No significance to 4.

73,
Chip N1IR

K9SQG June 10th 04 01:28 AM

Sometimes companies use "patent pending" to discourage people from copying the
design when in fact no application has been filed. If you ask for a copy of
the application, application number, etc. and they refuse to give it to you,
that could be a tipoff...

[email protected] June 10th 04 11:12 PM

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 22:40:40 -0500, "*" wrote:

some take 4 years,

"Art Unwin KB9MZ" wrote in message
om...
I notice that the STEPPIR antenna patent is still "Pending"
I thought that "pending" meant that the patent has been awarded
and awaiting printing! Fluid motions have been stating Patent pending
for more than a few months ( year)now and I have yet to see a release.
Anybody have any info on this ? I also noticed that another thread on
unconventional antenna design that the news release also stated
"patent pending"!
Has " patent pending "replaced the term "patent applied for" or has
the revised patent procedure and the USPTO fallen flat on its face ?
Art

If so, "patent applied for" must be _really_ old -- "patent
pending" showed up on all sorts of devices as far back as the '40s.