Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 9th 12, 04:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default RG-400 source

Dear Group: I expect to craft a common-mode choke for 50 ohm coax that
works from 1.8 to at least 7 MHz using Type 31 (Fair-Rite) core material.
Use of any Fe material in coax at the lower HF frequencies is undesired - no
center conductors containing steel. Such coax should be able to tolerate
being bent with a small radius to facilitate multiple turns through the
core - no foam dielectric.

One such coax appears to be the expensive RG-400. Only need a few feet.

Question: What might be a source for short lengths of RG-400? I have tried
Newark, Mouser, and the like. . . .

Question: What other small diameter coax uses no steel and has a solid
dielectric?

Thanks. 73, Mac N8TT

J. C. Mc Laughlin
Michigan U.S.A.
Home:

LOOKing for a source John Doe Policy 0 February 14th 07 05:08 PM
Source of SO-239 David Antenna 0 September 30th 05 12:55 AM
RFI source Brian Shortwave 10 December 12th 04 09:37 PM
RFI Source? Lars Janqqvist Shortwave 8 November 26th 04 06:59 PM
SWR will change with Source Z if you measure AT the Source Tarmo Tammaru Antenna 18 August 30th 03 03:18 AM