RadioBanter

-   -   2 meter J-pole (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/191642-2-meter-j-pole.html)

Padraigh ProAmerica January 19th 13 11:29 PM

2 meter J-pole

I'm considering building an emergency antenna- a J-pole for 2 meters
made from 300-ohm TV twin lead.

But before going ahead, I wonder- can such an antenna handle 50 watts
input?

--
"A man who can own a gun is a citizen. A man who cannot own a gun is a
subject."--

Unknown

Ralph Mowery January 20th 13 12:04 AM

2 meter J-pole

"Padraigh ProAmerica" wrote in message
I'm considering building an emergency antenna- a J-pole for 2 meters
made from 300-ohm TV twin lead.

But before going ahead, I wonder- can such an antenna handle 50 watts
input?

Yes, 50 watts is fine for a J-pole and 300 ohm twin lead.