Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 27th 13, 12:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default 2m antenna home brew??

Ok

I just bought at some flea fest an old style Ringo style CB antenna with the
ring on the bottom for matching tune. Also has the ground planes and bracket
for them and the aluminum antenna looks about 20 feet long (in sections) and
about 8 foot ground planes (4 total).

What I would like to do is make a 2m full wave antenna out of it. It looks
real solid at about 6ft 4inches long with or without its gnd planes. I was
thinking of using it at this length on a 45 foot tower at the top. I was
thinking of wrapping the coax about 8 times at the top for RF reasons or
matching reasons.

Any ideas why i shouldn't or should or any tips?

Thanks

73s