Old August 8th 03, 09:57 PM
Javier Henderson

Default Yet another "what antenna to get" thread (this about slopers)

So, I got the MQ-2 coming in and hopefully will have it up over the
weekend. That gives me 20 through 6 meters.

I'd like to get something up for at least 40m, preferrably for 80m as well.

About the only thing I can do is to string a piece of wire between two
points about 35 to 40 feet apart.

Any brilliant ideas?

73,
-jav w6vms
Old August 8th 03, 11:54 PM
David Robbins

"Javier Henderson" wrote in message
So, I got the MQ-2 coming in and hopefully will have it up over the
weekend. That gives me 20 through 6 meters.

I'd like to get something up for at least 40m, preferrably for 80m as

well.

About the only thing I can do is to string a piece of wire between two
points about 35 to 40 feet apart.

Any brilliant ideas?

73,
-jav w6vms

just the standard answer... as long a dipole as you can fit, as high as you
can get it, fed with whatever feedline you have that reaches, with a tuner
to make your radio happy.... works fine, lasts a long time, doesn't cost
much.